Operation Arrowhead

forum for discussing Operation Flashpoint and older Armed Assault games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Operation Arrowhead

Post by Softball » 30 Oct 2011, 10:43

While I was waiting for someone to log in last night (thanks for showing up Hammer), I fired up the Operation Arrowhead campaign for ArmA 2, and made it to the final mission (Mission 7) where I was tasked with destroying 3 SCUD launchers, taking out Aziz, and finding some POWs. Hammer joined me for this mission, which made things a bit easier. Finding the POWs was somewhat challenging, as they were eventually found in an area that I wouldn't have expected for ArmA 2 standards (Don't wanna give away any spoilers). We completed the mission (sort of), and thus completing the albeit short campaign.

I did notice some bugs (not surprised) with this mission (some of the enemy positions were not firing their weapons like they should, friendly AI wasn't functioning as it should (driving, gunning not functioning), etc..)

Next up is the British Forces campaign...

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

PanzerMeyer

Re: Operation Arrowhead

Post by PanzerMeyer » 30 Oct 2011, 22:00

Jedi and I have tried to finish the original Arma 2 campaign but it seems to have some serious bugs that prevent some missions from progressing.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Softball

Post by Softball » 01 Nov 2011, 08:08

You know, I never did complete the Original ArmA2 campaign. Maybe I'll do that first...although the missions are kinda long, they were pretty decent. I'm sure some of the patches and fixes have borked the campaign and introduced new bugs. Maybe the SAVEGAME cheat will help with the campaign progression...*shrug*

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 04 Nov 2011, 16:13

I completed the Arma 2 original mission near when it was released. It was buggy as hell, but I think they have fixed it; hopefully so, since some of the bugs took away things at your disposal (like artillery strikes) that made the mission nearly impossible to finish without. I had to reload and lose progress more than once in order to get back necessary gear and resources that just up and disappeared.