Page 1 of 1
Guild Wars Game Update Notes
Posted: 27 May 2006, 04:17
Guild Wars Game Update Notes
Update - Friday May 26
* Opened missions that were previously closed to characters created in another campaign. Characters may now play these missions, but they do not earn skill point rewards for successful mission completion.
* Fixed a bug that prevented ectoplasm and obsidian shards from dropping in the Fissure of Woe and Underworld missions.
* Fixed bugs and made improvements to the following quests: Closer to the Stars, To Tahnnakai Temple, Return of the Yeti, Missing Daughter, Drink from the Chalice of Corruption, Refuse to Drink, An Unwelcome Guest, and The Beak of Darkness.
* Changed the type of chests that appear in Raisu Palace.
* Updated audio for Korean Factions cinematics.
Posted: 19 Jul 2006, 12:19
Guild Wars Game Update Notes
Update - Thursday July 13
* Imperial Supplymaster Kagno is no longer stationed in Shing Jea Monastery.
* Added a crafting material storage upgrade for the Xunlai Agent storage vault. To purchase the upgrade, visit one of the new Xunlai Representatives in Shing Jea Monastery or Kaineng Center. (PvP characters gain access to the crafting material storage once any roleplaying character on the account purchases it.)
* Added the ability to split stacks of inventory items. Holding the Shift key while dragging a stack of items allows you to "split off" a portion of the stack before moving it.
* Modified the algorithm that causes the alliance battle line to shift. A faction that pushes into enemy territory will temporarily gain a "momentum bonus" that helps it drive the battle line further into enemy territory.
* Added support for EAX audio when sound quality is set to maximum.
* Modified the Burning Isle guild battle map so that Flame Cursed Sentinels are now Lesser Flame Sentinels. Lesser sentinels are vulnerable to all Conditions, do not heal when out of combat, and slowly die on their own in the first 25 minutes of the match.
* Updated Mesmer Courtly and Virtuoso armor sets so that the +15 armor bonus applies only to the piece the bonus is on, not to the entire body. The bonus is now active whenever the equipping character activates any skill (not just spells).
* Updated Warrior Ascalon and Knight's armor sets so that the damage reduction applies only when the corresponding location of the body is struck. The damage reduction applies only to physical damage, and the amount of reduced damage was increased from 2 to 3.
* Updated shields, armors, and runes with damage reduction abilities so that they only reduce physical damage.
* Increased the inherent armor level on all unique (green text), promotional, crafted, and collector shields so that they behave the same way as other shields when the characters equipping them do not meet the necessary attribute requirement.
* Updated all Ascalon Bows so that they now include their bow type in the name.
* Raised the armor penetration bonus for the following promotional items: Bonecrusher, Bear's Sloth, Rhino's Sloth, and Rhino's Charge.
* Raised the conditional Energy bonus on the following promotional items: Quicksilver, Unicorn's Wrath, Peacock's Wrath, and Luminescent Scepter.
* Raised the conditional damage reduction on the following promotional items: Bronze Guardian, Hog's Gluttony, Spiders Gluttony, and Serrated Shield.
* Removed the increased attack rate and decreased damage attributes from the fire wand found at the collector outside of Nolani Academy.
* Reduced the chance to halve skill recharge time from 20% to 10% on Rockmolders dropped prior to the item being corrected.
* Fixed bugs and made improvements to the following quests: The True King, A Monk's Mission, and A Second Profession.
* Improved support for hardware acceleration on some low-end audio cards.
* Fixed a bug that caused a number of skill sounds to play incorrectly as non-positional sounds.
* Improved the pathing in the Sunjiang District explorable area and the Imperial Sanctum outpost.
* Lowered the cap for Healing Reduction to 40%. *
* Lowered the cap for Recharge Reduction to 50%. *
* You can no longer be knocked down immediately after you respawn from a resurrection shrine.
* Note: like all reduction caps, these only affect the cap from multiple sources. Any single skill that exceeds this cap will still work. Thus, skills such as Lingering Curse or Ritual Lord still gain their full effect.
* Expunge Enchantments: no longer disables pet attack skills.
* Moebius Strike: now recharges pet attack skills if it hits a foe below 50% health.
* Return: reduced recharge time to 15 seconds.
* Shadow Form: increased Energy cost to 10.
* Shadow Shroud: no longer prevents the casting of untargeted enchantments.
* Signet of Malice: reduced cast time to .75 seconds.
* Siphon Speed: increased duration to 5..20 seconds.
* Bed of Coals: now deals damage only to non-moving foes.
* Burning Speed: reduced cast time to .25 seconds.
* Elemental Attunement: this skill is now attributed to Energy Storage; increased duration to 30..55 seconds.
* Immolate: increased damage to 15..60.
* Mark of Rodgort: increased duration to 10..35 seconds.
* Mind Burn: reduced recharge time to 10 seconds.
* Smoldering Embers: increased damage to 15..60.
* Ward skills no longer affect spirits.
* Blackout: reduced blackout time to 2..6 seconds.
* Conjure Nightmare: removed the long pause after this spell was cast.
* Illusionary Weaponry: reduced recharge time to 35 seconds.
* Recurring Insecurity: reduced the duration to 1..10 seconds.
* Signet of Disenchantment: reduced cast time to 1 second.
* Air of Enchantment: added a minimum 1 Energy cost; increased recharge time to 8 seconds.
* Divine Spirit: now reduces energy cost for Monk spells, not all Monk skills.
* Infuse Health: fixed a bug that occasionally caused it to execute without healing the target.
* Life Sheath: now renews damage reduction when it is cast on a target that already has Life Sheath on it.
* Signet of Rejuvenation: reduced recharge time to 8 seconds; increased the conditional heal to 15..75 Health.
* Spell Shield: no longer disables skills more than once when renewed.
* Bitter Chill: increased damage to 15..60.
* Chilblains: now removes 1..2 Enchantments.
* Enfeebling Blood: increased the area-of-effect to "nearby".
* Feast of Corruption: increased Energy cost to 15.
* Fetid Ground: reduced cast time to .75 seconds.
* Archer's Signet: no longer disables pet attack skills.
* Broad Head Arrow: reduced recharge time to 15 seconds.
* Determined Shot: now recharges pet attack skills if it misses.
* Equinox: reduced recharge time to 45 seconds.
* Famine: reduced recharge time to 45 seconds.
* Focused Shot: now disables pet attack skills when used.
* Greater Conflagration: reduced recharge time to 45 seconds.
* Lacerate: reduced recharge time to 45 seconds.
* Marauder's Shot: no longer disables pet attack skills.
* Oath Shot: increased recharge time to 25 seconds.
* Displacement: Changed the skill's description to match its behavior.
* Draw Spirit: reduced cast time to .25 seconds.
* Lamentation: increased the target's needed proximity to a corpse or Spirit to "in the area".
* Wielder's Boon: increased conditional heal to 15..60 Health.
* Quivering Blade: increased Daze duration to 8 seconds.
* Standing Slash: reduced adrenaline cost to 6.
* Victory is Mine!: no longer displays "-0" on targets with no conditions.
Bolded the controversial update to Warriors for your viewing pleasure.
Posted: 26 Oct 2006, 08:29
Guild Wars Game Update Notes
Update - Wednesday October 25
New Features of Guild Wars Nightfall
Today we are publishing the new features of Guild Wars Nightfall in anticipation of the campaignâ€™s release this Friday, October 27 at 12:01 am PDT. Players wonâ€™t be able to acquire Heroes or participate in Hero Battles until they can play through the Nightfall campaign, but many of the other features of Nightfall are available today as free updates.
Skills and Attributes
* Skill selection, attribute adjustment, and secondary profession selection are now centralized on the new Skills and Attributes panel.
* Your characters can now change their secondary professions whenever they are standing in a town or outpost. PvP characters can change to any secondary profession, while Roleplaying characters can change to any profession that character has previously learned.
* You can now save and load templates containing Skill Bar setup, attributes, and professions. This allows you to switch a character between different roles quickly, and to share your strategies with your friends.
* To save a Skill Template, click the disk icon inside the Skills and Attributes panel, then click â€œSave to Template.â€
Posted: 09 Nov 2007, 06:08
We will be evaluating the following changes over the course of the next week. Additional adjustments may be made during that time period.
* Recall: when this Enchantment ends, it now disables all of the caster's Skills for 10 seconds.
* Mystic Healing: decreased heal amount to 5..65.
* Shell Shock: decreased recharge time to 8 seconds. This Skill now has 25% armor penetration.
* Conjure Nightmare: decreased Energy cost to 15.
* Shrinking Armor: increased Health degeneration to 1..4.
* Signet of Illusions: fixed a bug that allowed this Signet to stack with itself.
* Blessed Light: increased heal amount to 10..140.
* Cure Hex: now affected by Healer's Boon.
* Glimmer of Light: decreased recharge time to 1 second; increased heal amount to 10..115.
* Healer's Boon: instead of an upkeep cost, this Skill now has a duration of 10..55 seconds and no longer ends after a number of Spells are cast.
* Healing Breeze: increased duration to 15 seconds; increased Health regeneration to 4..9.
* Healing Ribbon: now affected by Healer's Boon.
* Heal Party: increased heal amount to 30..90.
* Light of Deliverance: increased casting time to 2 seconds; decreased heal amount to 5..70; now affects all party members regardless of Health.
* Restful Breeze: increased duration to 8..18 seconds.
* Vigorous Spirit: decreased casting time to .25 seconds.
* Word of Healing: this Skill can now target the caster; increased non-conditional heal amount to 25..150; decreased recharge time to 3 seconds.
* Oppressive Gaze: conditional effect now only triggers on foes who are below 50% Health.
* Weaken Armor: decreased Energy cost to 5; decreased casting time to 2 seconds; decreased recharge time to 5 seconds; changed the skill type to a Spell; functionality changed to: "Target foe has Cracked Armor for 5..20 second[s]."
* Energizing Wind: increased Energy cost to 15; decreased duration to 30..90 seconds; decreased Spirit's level to 1..6.
* Fertile Season: increased Energy cost to 15; decreased Health bonus to 50..150; decreased armor bonus to 8.
* Magebane Shot: functionality changed to: "If this attack hits, it interrupts target foe's action. If that action was a Spell, it is disabled for 5 seconds. This attack cannot be blocked."
* Ancestors' Rage: this Skill is no longer considered an Enchantment.
* Spiritleech Aura: fixed a bug that swapped duration and effect time.
* Weapon of Warding: increased duration to 5..10 seconds.
* Splinter Weapon: functionality changed to: "For 20 second[s], target ally has a Splinter Weapon. Target ally's next 1..5 attacks deal 5..50 damage on up to 3 adjacent foes."
* Sundering Weapon: increased duration to 5..20 seconds.
* Body Blow: now works properly with scythes.
* Symbolic Strike: now works properly with scythes.
* PvE-Only Skills
* Winds: fixed a bug that caused Winds (a Vanguard skill) to affect allies as well as foes.
* Added a trophy to the Great Temple of Balthazar to commemorate the current winners of the 2007 $100,000 Tournament Series.
* Removed the Celestial Tournament season PvP trophy from the Great Temple of Balthazar.
* Fixed an exploit in Regent Valley that allowed players to kill pet bears repeatedly to obtain multiple ale rewards from the Bear Hunters.
* Moved a patrol of Stone Summit Dwarves who often traveled too close to the entrance in Duncan the Black's level of Slaver's Exile.
* Fixed a bug that allowed Necromancer minions to count as kills for the Blessing of the Luxons and the Blessing of the Kurzicks.