RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Wed 20 Sep, 2017 9:30 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: guildwars nightfall
PostPosted: Fri 24 Nov, 2006 10:01 pm 

just curious how many ppl might be planning on getting this?

i recently was chatting with a fellow in GW and he said factions was a disapointment vs nightfall. im a bit curious and might buy it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 8:29 am 

well i did buy it. and to complete this post, i liked nightfall a HELL of a lot better then factions. the hero idea was a great change. its like costomizable henchies. you can upgrade their weapons, skills, even armor add ons. the story missions were fair to good for the most part. but the hardness level went from managable to realy hard towards the end. even with that, i was able to hench/hero most of the game. of course they did put the one realy tough mission in like Thead in the original. all in all i found i enjoyed the game. factions i still havnt completed the jade sea part due to the grind factor ( just need 3000 more factions to go till i can get that area done LOL.)

anyhow doubt many are that curious, but thought i would put my opinion on it anyhow.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 9:34 am 

A lot of us former guild Wars guys/girld have talked about this release. and most have agreed that the main reason we are not getting this or playing any more is that we ended up finding the game to be a job. you needed to play missions over and over to get cash to buy armor. they did not want you to FARM but you almost had to to get anything decent in the game. and the fact they kept changing skill sets to the point characters people have spent months developing where next to useless. Take my Warrior/Ele, he was fun as get in the middle swing the sword and hit them with mass area effects. He did MASS damage, but now from what I understand, all the enemy will run away the moment he puts down a area effect. this makes a fire ele (what my warrior was) next to useless. I hit a area affect, they run away, defeats the complete purpose of that character.

I know the new one sopose to be a lot better, but factions killed it for me.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 02 Feb, 2007 3:06 pm 

I actually bought it shortly after release. Rolled up one of the new classes, I forget the name of the class (although the character's name is Tess Tarossa). Played a little, liked what I saw of it. Purple has played it all the way through and she said it might even be better than the first one. Someday I'll get back to it. Maybe. When I get tired of being able to jump (or fly) over obstacles like cars and trees and buildings. And tiny little pebbles that just happen to be between me and where I want to go, and if only I could step over them I wouldn't have to circle back across the map five or six times.

PDT_Armataz_01_41

TD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 04 Feb, 2007 12:43 pm 

yea there are some points i agree with on how they do change the skills. just recently they have been doing test weekends. i hanvt been farming so this hasnt realy effected me much. however they did mess with gladiators defense. for me in some ways its not that much of a problem , there are so many things to do and try. that i usualy just switch to something else and see how that works.

like purple said, i think it is better then the first one in alot of ways. however it didnt feel and long as the first one.

i didnt write this to get anyone playing again lol. just kinda finishing up the post. and to let anyone who still plays guildwars off and on who may be debating about getting it what i thought. just face it, no mater what the new monsters, the profs, new weapons or skills, its still the same game setup. and if your bored to death with how the game is made then nothing new will help that.