RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Sat 23 Sep, 2017 11:13 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: PvP Unlock All Skills Packs
PostPosted: Thu 18 Oct, 2007 2:07 pm 

From the Gaile files

In the near future, we're going to be offering you more choices through the Guild Wars In-Game Store related to purchasing skill unlocks and PvP access. We will be modifying the PvP Editions of Guild Wars to split out the access portion from the unlock portion. This means that you will have the option to purchase a PvP access key by itself, or you can purchase Skill Unlock Packs for the individual campaigns. By offering these as separate options, you only pay for access once, no matter now many different campaigns you may want to play, and you do not pay for access at all if you already own Guild Wars and are simply interested in buying some skill unlocks.

In order to assure that we offer new purchasers the greater number of choices, we will be removing the option to purchase the existing PvP Edition this week and we will offer the expanded list of choices in early November.

**The above confused the shit out of folks so she followed up below**

Hi,

I hope I can answer your questions. Here's what the PvP Pack currently does: It allows you to get an unlock of all skills for your PvP characters (and Heroes, if you have them) and it gives you access to the PvP Battle Isles. In the future, we want to make it more inexpensive to get these packs, and we want to assure that people are only paying for what they need.

So we're breaking out access -- for those who do not own Guild Wars at all. Those who don't own any of our campaigns can get an access key that allows them to play in PvP (Battle Isles, etc.) And we're offering PvP skill unlock packs (I'm not sure of the formal name), too. Some people may choose to buy an unlock and a skill pack. Some may choose one or the other. The whole point is to give you options, and at a more economical price, as well.

We think this is a great opportunity for players to get all skills from a specific campaign for them to play in PvP. It's also a great opportunity for PvE-oriented players to acquire skills for their Heroes to use, since the unlock packs do not furnish "UAX" for PvE, but do allow all skills to be accessed by a Hero.

Let me know if I can answer any other questions. (The one question I want to confirm is: "Is the "Access Key" by campaign, or is it a universal PvP access key?" I will find out and let you guys know.)