RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Mon 25 Sep, 2017 1:24 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New Skill and Item Unlock Packs—At 50% Off!
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:07 pm 

New Skill and Item Unlock Packs—At 50% Off!

***NOTE: can someone look up what the prices are in the in-game store?***

Whether you're a PvE or a PvP gamer, you'll find the new Skill and Item Unlock Packs hard to resist. The new Skill Unlock Packs provide access to basic and elite skills from all Guild Wars® games (the original campaign, Factions, Nightfall, and Eye of the North) for your use in PvP combat, and give your Heroes an advantage over your foes in PvE. The new PvP Item Unlock Pack provides hundreds of item upgrades to ensure that you go into combat with exactly the gear you want.

Promotion Details

For a limited time, enjoy special, introductory pricing of 50% off when you purchase any of the new Skill or Item Unlock Packs listed below through the Guild Wars In-Game Store or PlayNC.com. Offer good from Noon Pacific time (-8 GMT) November 15, 2007 to Noon Pacific time (-8 GMT) December 31, 2007. Discount will be applied at time of purchase. This promotion is non-transferable, and is void where prohibited.

PvP Access Kit
Gain instant access to the Player versus Player portion of Guild Wars with the new PvP Access Kit. This package contains everything you need to jump right into the competitive world of Guild Wars PvP! No other Guild Wars purchase necessary.

Create and play PvP-Only characters from any of ten Guild Wars professions across all three campaigns (Warning: Access to Roleplaying characters requires purchase of a Guild Wars campaign.)

The PvP Access Kit also includes 60 free unlocks (20 elite skills, 20 normal skills and 20 items) to help you power up your game instantly. Mix and match with Skill and Item Unlock Packs to further enhance your PvP characters.
PvP Access Kit

Core Skill Unlock Pack
Take your game to the next level by unlocking 241 core skills spanning all Guild Wars games.

Details

* Immediately use these unlocked skills for your Heroes and PvP characters.
* These skills (except elite skills) also become available for your PvE characters to learn from any Skill Trainer.

Core Skill Unlock Pack

Prophecies Skill Unlock Pack
Take your game to a new level by unlocking 214 skills introduced in the original Guild Wars campaign.

Details

* These skills (except elite skills) also become available for your PvE characters to learn from any Skill Trainer in the original campaign.

Prophecies Skill Unlock Pack

Factions Skill Unlock Pack
Take your game to a new level by unlocking 330 skills introduced in the Guild Wars Factions campaign.

Details

* These skills (except elite skills) also become available for your PvE characters to learn from any Factions Skill Trainer.

Factions Skill Unlock Pack

Nightfall Skill Unlock Pack
Take your game to a new level by unlocking 330 skills introduced in the Guild Wars Nightfall campaign.

Details

* These skills (except elite skills) also become available for your PvE characters to learn from any Nightfall Skill Trainer.

Nightfall Skill Unlock Pack

Eye of the North Skill Unlock Pack
Take your game to a new level by unlocking 100 skills introduced in the Guild Wars: Eye of the North expansion.

Details

* These skills (except elite skills) also become available for your PvE characters to learn from any Eye of the North Skill Trainer.

Eye of the North Skill Unlock Pack

PvP Item Unlock Pack
Unleash the full power of 318 item upgrade components (Runes, Insignias, Inscriptions, and more) for use in PvP. Always go into combat with exactly the gear you want.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 12:56 pm 

That's pretty cool for folks who don't have access to various parts of the game.

Between my Necro and my Sin I can already access all of the non-elite skills in all 3 campaigns + GW:EN. I have to pay for them with in-game gold and skill points, of course, but no big whoop. What I would like is an Elite Tome Pack so my Canthan Ranger can get, say, Fevered Dreams without having to play all the way through Prophecies or pay 10-15k on the open market for an Elite Mesmer Tome.

TD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 1:40 pm 

Tach can you check the price of these things thru the in game store.....

oh and AB....unlock thru Balthazar 3k baltharzar faction per elite...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 2:04 pm 

Can't do it with Balth faction. That just unlocks Elite skills for *PVP-only* characters and for use on my Heroes but NOT for use on my Canthan Ranger in PVE.

TD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 2:37 pm 

its still going to require a tome....by the way look up the price of these packs for me....I'm at work so i cant see it

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 2:43 pm 

I don't see them in the in game store...
Nor on the PlayNC site...

TD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 2:48 pm 

well that figures....

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 2:52 pm 

Buffalo Six wrote:
its still going to require a tome...

Or playing through Prophecies to get to that boss... (Fevered Dreams is already unlocked on Mull Foon, btw.)

PDT_Armataz_01_12

TD

ps: Offer good from Noon Pacific time (-8 GMT) November 15, 2007 to Noon Pacific time (-8 GMT) December 31, 2007.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 3:14 pm 

well i have entertained the idea of taking either my cathan Ranger or Rit and maybe my Para (if I ever get to play him) and doing the mission tour of our old stomping ground in Tyria...you know beat on the char around old ascalon etc... maybe at some point....but right now I want to get Ursan Blessing and then maybe head back into NF and do that campaign on my Ranger or Work my Para up and get the para hero (maybe even the the 2nd one) for a 3 para mid line....god that might be fun

lol......see what you guys did!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 15 Nov, 2007 3:39 pm 

I've already done several Prophecy missions with my Canthan Ranger. I forget where I stopped, somewhere after Aurora Glade. There are quite a few quests over there post LA that offer skills as rewards, so it's... well... rewarding to do them. :)

TD

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 16 Nov, 2007 7:14 am 

well if I could figure out what (code=1751126) means when I try to buy the damn things.....I swear somethign is broken

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:17 pm 

for a quick reference here on the tomes.

once you unlock a skill in Balthsazar points, you then CAN use a tome to get it on that char. so if you get a mesmer elite tome you can get it with the tome, but since you already have that skill unlocked all you need is the tome, unfortunatly i dont have a mes elite one on hand. if you guys are looking for tomes etc, ask, i never know what i got hangen around in my storage at any given time. i never was one for seling my items to other players, i either use em, or slavage or merc em. so if your looking for a weapon mod or a certain skin etc. let me know, im a farming fiend and im sure i ran across something lol.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 17 Nov, 2007 11:29 pm 

core skill unlock pack. reg= 9.99 usd sale= 4.99 USD
prohecies skill unlock pack. reg= 9.99 usd sale= 4.99 USD
faction skill unlock pack. " "
nightfall skill unlock pack. " "

it says that once you get it. you can immediatly use em on your heros and PVP chars. but you can go to a skill vendor to get em, and dont have to use tomes. um unsure about the elite skills. if you get em in the pack and if you do i assume you have to use an elite tome to get it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 19 Nov, 2007 7:50 am 

Elite skills need tomes or a cap sig still. You can learn the skills at trainers who have the ability to list that skill.....per campaign if you like...overall I like these for my heroes....makes them way more useful.....well Koss is still a pain in the ass =)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 19 Nov, 2007 11:46 am 

Koss needs a leash