RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Sun 25 Jun, 2017 10:29 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Xbox 360
PostPosted: Fri 13 Aug, 2010 8:37 am 

Thinking of getting one of these next month (partly cause i like the look of the Kinect that's coming out in November, bye bye WII) What's your guys opinions of it, games and online wise? and what movie files is it capable of playing .AVI/DivX Mpeg4? as it will take the pain out of burning movies to disc every time i want to watch a movie that's on my PC, if it can play.avi it will be very handy. Thinking of getting the HALO reach slim special edition out on 14th September. I can get a years gold subrsciption online for $40 or so and that's cheaper than in the shops over here where it is about $70.

So worth getting or are they about to relase a new one!

Thanks in advance!

Post subject: Re: Xbox 360
PostPosted: Fri 13 Aug, 2010 2:00 pm 
 WWW  Profile

nothing new coming out anytime soon. it's a great movie/media player. don't think it does divx, but there's lots of workarounds to get your pc to serve it almost everything.

PostPosted: Fri 13 Aug, 2010 2:52 pm 

I've read that you can stream AVi's and Divx from your PC to the X360 using Media Center. You just have to sync up the X360 with your PC and viola.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

PostPosted: Sat 14 Aug, 2010 12:09 am 

sounds good enough to me, thanks guys. will pre order my halo reach edition now then. I see you can get IL2 for it, that will be worth a look. IL2 on a 40" LCD in HD Lovely!

PostPosted: Sat 14 Aug, 2010 5:02 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Not sure how IL2 is for XBox. Read some reviews that weren't too enthusiastic. It may be ok if you're not expecting a PC Flight Sim.

I love my 360 as a media center device. Works great for audio/video streaming from PC. Make sure you either have 802.11n or wired ethernet for streaming though. And, it's probably one of the best up-scaling DVD players out there.

PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug, 2010 2:06 pm 

Thanks for that Gator that's exactly the type of info i was after on the streaming side of things especially if it can upscale to HD as i will finally get some more use out of the HD feature on my 40" telly as there are stll not that many channels available in HD over here yet. As for IL2, well it was never going to be the equivelant of IL2 for the PC but i bet it's probably one of the best flight games for any console as i have yet to find any console flight game that can't be classsed as an arcade game rather than a flight sim.

PostPosted: Sun 15 Aug, 2010 6:08 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I think Jedi played some of the "Ace Combat" series and I've heard reasonably good things about Hawx. As long as you go into it knowing they're all on the arcade side of things. Read the reviews.

PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011 2:12 am 

Hi guys how you all doing?

Well i got an Xbox 250GB just over a month ago now and i am well impressed with it's DVD upscalling abilities, it is way better than my HD DVD can do!

Been playing Crysis 2 mostly and dirt 3 as well as IL2! which is basically the Nintendo DS version of IL2 for a big screen, very arcadish but expected that to be honest, and several Kinect games as well just got enough room to play single player on that, but got a retro copy of Grand theft Auto 3, just can't get enough sniping people from the roof tops on that one. Will need to get Modern warfare and Halo soon.

Any titles you guys are playing that i should be thinking of getting?

PostPosted: Sun 21 Aug, 2011 7:16 am 
 WWW  Profile

Nemisis wrote:
Hi guys how you all doing?

Well i got an Xbox 250GB just over a month ago now and i am well impressed with it's DVD upscalling abilities, it is way better than my HD DVD can do!

Been playing Crysis 2 mostly and dirt 3 as well as IL2! which is basically the Nintendo DS version of IL2 for a big screen, very arcadish but expected that to be honest, and several Kinect games as well just got enough room to play single player on that, but got a retro copy of Grand theft Auto 3, just can't get enough sniping people from the roof tops on that one. Will need to get Modern warfare and Halo soon.

Any titles you guys are playing that i should be thinking of getting?

Ah, so it seems your journey towards the Dark Side (consoles) is complete? Come back to the Light Side (PC's)!