PSP..

for discussing console platforms and games, including handhelds.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

PSP..

Post by Hammer » 07 Dec 2006, 15:21

anyone have one? what games do you have that you like? ever tried MP?

Nidia and I each have one now - tyring to figure out what games to get...
Helmut

Gator

Post by Gator » 07 Dec 2006, 16:12

yes, haven't tried mp. i love the 802.11 support.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 07 Dec 2006, 16:20

Jedi has one and he seems to really like it. I'm pretty sure that he's not tried out the MP aspect of it though!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Softball

Post by Softball » 07 Dec 2006, 18:08

I have one (surprised? lol ), I got one the day they came out. I usually only play it when I'm out and about at the movies, on trips, on vacations, etc.. I have about 6 games for it, MLB The Show, Untold Legends, Xmen, Spiderman 2 game and UMD movie (came with the system), Need for Speed: Most Wanted, and Metal Gear Acid (turn based, card based, kinda stupid).

The sound and video quality with the UMD movies is outstanding! I think the UMD movies are highly overpriced ($20-$30) when I can get the DVD for $14.99. I'll get used movies on Ebay or something down the road, but for now I'll just stick with games for it.

I have not used the Wireless feature on the PSP, but I hear it's not bad for web surfing and such when the wireless connection is available. I have not tried MP with it yet either, I don't have any friends near me that has one.

If I didn't have one and was thinking of getting it, I probably would not get it. I just don't use it as much as I would like to, but it's sure handy when I want to play it.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Gator

Post by Gator » 07 Dec 2006, 18:52

I got it to pass the time while I'm travelling for business. I have Lumines, Star Trek Tactical Assault, LOTR Tactics and ATV Offroad something (came with it). So far, the games I have for it are pre-owned.

It was extremely simple to get it on my home wireless lan ... very simple. Browser support is weak (so far). Still need to see about ripping video to it. Probably won't use it for music, since I have a Zen.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 07 Dec 2006, 20:09

wireless is easy - as long as you do not use 802.11G or mixed mode on your wireless. it seems some will work well dropping down to B - mine did not. i had to set it to B to get it to work... the one at work however works flawlessly, and it is set up for mixed mode. web brosing sucks actually. the keyboard is painful, like entering characters on your phon - i.e. press one key 3 times to get a particular letter.

i got two games with mine - uised off of ebay. madden 06 and wipeout pure. neither really my style game, but madden 06 is not actually bad. it might convince me to reinstall madden 04 on my oc and try some MP with Grif...

what do you think of the games you have Gator? SB? Jedi? mini-reviews??? :)
Helmut

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master » 10 Dec 2006, 09:30

I have 3 that I purchased in a hurry when I was leaving the country for 2 weeks only 2 days before. I got From Russia with Love, Race Driver 06, and Tomb Raider Legend. TRL so far has proven to the best of the games. RD and FRwL are both decent, although learning to drive with those controls was challenging it's nothing compared to learning to shoot with them!
Now that Legacy has apparently flopped I'm considering Tac Assault instead. Also a new Star Wars game came out for the PSP, the 3rd after BF2 and Lego SW2.
The Jedi Master

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 10 Dec 2006, 10:24

hmmm...o.k.

new start wars game? where you are the twilek?

what does "3rd after bf2 and lego sw2" mean? preference?

well, mine came with wipeout pure - definitely not a controller to try driving/flying with.

i like madden 06 so far - and i am not into sports games. was thinkning about one of those i posted in the other thread...
Helmut

Gator

Post by Gator » 10 Dec 2006, 12:06

Tac Assault isn't bad, but I'm not very far into it. I'll get back with a review after I finish a couple more missions. It's definitely not easy.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 10 Dec 2006, 13:47

hmmm...not a stellar review:

http://reviews.cnet.com/Star_Trek_Tacti ... 84203.html

did anyone play the full pc game (Starfleet Command?)? that any good?
Helmut

Softball

Post by Softball » 10 Dec 2006, 23:10

I have all 3 Starfleet Command games, and Bridge commander. They were all pretty good games. At least I liked them.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master » 13 Dec 2006, 15:37

Steel wrote:hmmm...o.k.

new start wars game? where you are the twilek?

what does "3rd after bf2 and lego sw2" mean? preference?
Yeah, the Twilek non-Jedi game. I meant the 3rd Star Wars game released for PSP.
The Jedi Master