Well looks like its a Wii for my birthday

for discussing console platforms and games, including handhelds.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Well looks like its a Wii for my birthday

Post by VEGETA » 19 Oct 2007, 11:49

Well told my mother for my b day I will take a wii. So now I have to find one and buy it state side as even tho the doller is the same there is 50$ price difference not including taxes. Some may ask why no 360 of ps3, well cost is 1. but besides that for my big intensive graphical games, I would rather play them on a computer, so why bother. Wii just seams like a fun system to goof around with and may actually do some single player for once on there. Also the workout thing to me is good, as hell I have access 2 yes 2 FREE gyms, one being 2 cubical down the hall from me yet I never use them. I am gaming at night behind a pc during the day, yes I play paintball and such, but no real workout setup, so hey a wii may be good for me. the other big reason is my brother has one already, my sister kid is getitng one for Christmas (its in the house hiding at the moment) so hey some games are able to be played online, so might as well. O and ya I have a cheep 27" tv, no digital OMG LCD tv's so a ps3 would not shine to its full advantage on what I have.

So hey once I get some time on it I will post up a little review of the thing.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 19 Oct 2007, 13:16

EVERY TIME SOME ONE BUYS A CONSOLE......A PUPPY DIES!

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master » 19 Oct 2007, 15:13

If it's a Wii, I'm guessing you're drinking beer!
The Jedi Master

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 19 Oct 2007, 17:01

nope sober. Like I said my serious games will be pc based. This is just for the fun of it. Plus I want to hack the dam thing PDT_Armataz_01_12

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 19 Oct 2007, 17:31

Buffalo Six wrote:EVERY TIME SOME ONE BUYS A CONSOLE......A PUPPY DIES!
LOL! Ain't that the truth.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Mooseman

Post by Mooseman » 19 Oct 2007, 18:08

well i've murdered a litter or two over the years....maybe i should make a Cruella DeVille style coat....
[img]http://www.151recon.org/Mooses%20Sig.gif[/img]

Softball

Post by Softball » 19 Oct 2007, 19:40

Gator might be selling one of his X360s, you should get that instead. :P

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 21 Oct 2007, 09:55

depends on price :P
might get that afer the fact

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 28 Oct 2007, 15:31

Ok finelay tracked down a wii. The things sell like hot cakes so far way out selling 360 and ps3. Place here mijers (basically a 24-7 target) in some of these northern states advertised they would have some in (10 per store min). Toys R Us and another store also advertised Sunday morning so great spread the load. Now since it was not a sale figured they might let them go at 12 am Sunday, so arrived 11 am, no lineup ask around and nope will not let them out tell 6am as a sale item. Fine Pull a all nighter as hell if I could wake up at 5 am lol. Get there 4:45 to find out they Did out them out at 12 but there was no rush at this store. That at least 20 and I easily picked one up. I would have been ticked if they had sold out as I was given the wrong info.

Now at another Mijers which a guy I work with went to, they waited tell 6 am, and he was 12th in line for 15 units. Many people turned away so I am betting the Mijers near me within a hour os so sold out as well, but I got lucky that they where not rushed like the other store.

Now I have played a little so far with Wii Sports (comes with the unit) and Metroids Prime corruption which is the BIG Wii game, equivalent to Halo on xBox as the big seller there. Also played around with the Wii connectivity so here is the mini review.

Internet functionality: This one has a built in wifi system which is GREAT I was online in a min and updating the system fast. Stock I have a weather channel, picture channel and a news channel (free) and a online store for buying games. There are more channels and you can get a browser for browsing the internet as well. The games available for download date back as far as the original nintendo and sega systems. I plan on getting sonic 2 which I did a lot of years ago.

Playing metroids is a blast, you have to use the controller to point to targets on the screen, use the other controller for tossing a grappling hook. Its just a fun game and the boss fights I have been in I was sweeting bullets, dam. Wii sports not much to that but you get to have some fun with the system, just fun to play. ITs impressive the accuracy of the the controllers' no calibration at all, just plug in and the dam things work. Wish my joystick was like that. The controller system is just a blast to use to be hoenst. I plan on getting one of the guns and steering wheels available out there. The wheel is cheep as you just put the controller in the thing.

Now if you have a game cube, there controllers and games also work in this system which is great as the classic controller is rather basic that you ban buy. Now there are a lot of titles on the way fr the wii as a lot of game makers realized this is the big game system this time around just whooping ps3 and 360 sales, so they are smarting up and doing some good games for this. Some games in the future to be able to be played online as well. Can't wait to try them.

Gator

Post by Gator » 29 Oct 2007, 11:38

http://nexgenwars.com/

Not sure who's getting whooped, but I will say "woe is Sony." I enjoy my 360 (don't know if I could get away with saying "I enjoy playing with my wii.") and I've heard nothing but good about the Wii.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 29 Oct 2007, 12:41

360 has more online then ps3 wii well the controllers are jsut wining everyone as its a new way to pay. PS3 looks SWEEt but I still have not seen some of the big games hot for it. Tho some are on the way so that should help them. For example grand terismo, the essential ps game

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 29 Oct 2007, 18:34

well, 360 has more games of my type, will has more games of my wife's type... so if we got a console, it would probably be a wii. i have ,y pc for my games.

there is a game coming that will be cross platform between pc and 360 - is that halo 3?
Helmut

Softball

Post by Softball » 29 Oct 2007, 19:32

There already is a cross platform game, it's called Shadowrun. I'm not sure about other games. Gator has Shadowrun for the X360 I believe.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 29 Oct 2007, 20:32

simpsions game and that lego star wasrs ones will be cross platform. Alsoi i thin the new medal of honour on the way for consoles is cross platform.

Gator

Post by Gator » 30 Oct 2007, 04:30

i don't think that's what he means by cross platform. Many many games are released on multiple platforms. The simpsons and lego star wars are most definitely not cross platform - they are multiplatform.

Games that can be played against people on other platforms are called cross platform games.

Shadowrun is one (I have the PC version). World in Conflict is coming soon to the 360 and will be cross platform with those who have the PC version. Not sure what else will be coming.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 30 Oct 2007, 08:15

O my mistake, was thinking diffrent there. Ya there are very few I know of that do this which sucks.

Softball

Post by Softball » 30 Oct 2007, 11:00

I can't imagine playing WIC on the X360, that would be a click fest for sure. I would think any RTS on a console would be a click fest.

Ah, you have it for the PC, that's right. I saw Shadowrun in the store for cheap, is that worth getting Gator or is it a flop?

Shadowrun @ Circuit City

EDIT: NM, it's a MS Vista only game. I would have to settle for the X360 version, which GoGamer has for $37. Meh.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 30 Oct 2007, 11:34

yes - Gator is correct... cross platforms means someone on one platform can play vs someone on another platform via network/internet.
Helmut