Tach....you make it into I13 beta?

discuss CoH and CoV...

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

Tach....you make it into I13 beta?

Post by Buffalo Six » 15 Oct 2008, 09:04

If so take a look at the bases and tell me if we are fucked?

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 19 Oct 2008, 12:28

Not in yet, but if I do I'll see what I can see.

Halloween event started last night, btw.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 Nov 2008, 23:08

I13 is in open beta now - and from the looks of the COH boards, I13 really should be called 'Bungle in the Jungle' because it certainly seems like the devs have been replace by blind howler monkeys trying to type 'War and Peace' on typewriters with no 'e' key.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 05 Nov 2008, 23:38

whats bad about it ?

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 06 Nov 2008, 05:50

The easier question is, "What's good about it?" Which, based on what I've read so far, is the Pain Domination power set for Villains. That's about it.

Everything else is evidently broken or stupid or just plain WTF.

Here ya go: CLICK ME.

ME TOO.

Tach Deneva

Re: Tach....you make it into I13 beta?

Post by Tach Deneva » 06 Nov 2008, 06:11

Buffalo Six wrote:If so take a look at the bases and tell me if we are fucked?
BASE CHANGES

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 06 Nov 2008, 09:39

well if you look I posted in the base builders forums....they have jumped the shark....enough said

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 06 Nov 2008, 09:41

can you pot a link buff

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 06 Nov 2008, 09:59

The cheese has definitely fallen off their crackers.

But I don't blame the devs for being megalomaniacal dingleberries. I blame all the butt-kissing players who for years have heaped praise upon the devs no matter what silly thing they've done, which has inflated the dev's egos to such brobdingnagian proportions that they say things like "Your subscription fees don't fund development. All you're paying for is Server Access," and put out crap like I13: Boy Did We Screw The Pooch On This One LOL (and I14: Do it Your Damn Self, We Can't Be Bothered Anymore).

It's whole GALAXIES of FAIL. (Get it, huh huh, nudge nudge.)

Here there be Sharkes: Buff vs Da Fonz

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 06 Nov 2008, 13:22

Ok so....

I will pre-craft the TPs, as those dont change in price.

2nd....dont remove any items from the Base Salvage Racks until we figure out what the hell to do with it all and what we will need fro re-crafting stuff....I will leave the workshops alone for now...I will not remove them. but they have now limited what they can hold, its 30 items total, but if we leave them alone nothing will go away...I'll figure this out later. BTW thats 30 items incuding all holiday event items etc...As of a week ago I have all the Holoween items on Tequila so they wouldnt get lost.

3rd...does anyone actually USE the empowerment table? Because it will now require IO slavage to use....

It looks like we will be able to have a MUCH bigger plot and rent will be 2000 so thats an 18000 reduction in rent at least.

Things we will need to recraft are the superPC, the monitor bank, the Turbine Genny, the AutoDoc and what? We need to plan ahead and also what are we able to craft (SG badge wise)...forget anything thats PvP related this includes the mission PC

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 06 Nov 2008, 16:34

They seem to be backing off a tad. Evidently the player reactions are somewhat less "OMG YEW GUYES R WUNNERFULZ!" than they expected...

"Hey all,

"I'd like you all to know that I've been reading everyones feedback since closed beta, and have heard all the good, the bad and the ugly.

"Just a heads up, but we'll be adding the extra powers in as an extra level 43 power, and keeping the existing powers exactly where they are.

"We are doing this because of the constructive feedback we got during closed (and now open) beta.

"We're in serious crunch mode to get this done though, so I'll skip writing more info until we're done tonight."

Jonathan (the guy who screwed up the Epic/Patron pools)

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 06 Nov 2008, 16:52

Buffalo Six wrote:does anyone actually USE the empowerment table?
I've tried it. Kinda lame, actually.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 07 Nov 2008, 07:47

Lighthouse says:
Earlier today I posted a response about the PvP changes where I posted:
We knew that the current PvP community wasn't likely to react well to the changes as they wern't who we were making changes for, so it's understandable that there is continuing complaints from that segment.
After posting it, I received a lot of justifiable criticism for doing so internally from the rest of the Development Team. Upon reflecting on the statement, I agree that it was in poor taste of me to do so and I was in error. Additionally the statement was not accurate, nor reflective of the goals and ideals the Development Team.

Many of the changes for PvP have been decidedly for the current PvP community and in fact much of the changes have been in direct response to current issues of that community.

I want to apologize for the statement and ask that any ire taken from it be directed at me for my error and not at the Developers who are working very hard on Issue 13.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 07 Nov 2008, 07:51

ok so if it all stands as it is on test, and I cant see them changing the storage limits, leave the base slavage racks alone, I will use what I can to recraft stuff, then convert the rest and either give the stuff to the peeps in the SG or convert and sell it and divide up what inf is made. Unless someone else has ideas.

If this goes live as is, salvage storage racks will hold a TOTAL of 30 items, thats not 30 of each type (IO salvage, Holiday salvage, candy canes etc...)...30 total. As of now the 2 racks we do have hold I think 2500 total, but when it hits live, nothing gets lost, nothing goes away. We can take stuff out, we just cant put it back in until the rack falls below the 30 item mark.

My goal is to make the plot bigger and hopefully make only one TP room holdign all TPs instead of the 5 small rooms we have now. I'll craft all the other stuff we need like control and energy items. I will not be putting any PvP stuff in.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 07 Nov 2008, 08:10

see thats just dumb of them to be honest. I will go through my toons and dump what I cna in there now and make life easy. but still yeash why on earth do they bake that dam limit really , whats there reasoning behind it, did they want to tick off the entire comunity or somthing

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 14 Nov 2008, 14:00

Rumor has it that Lighthouse has been axed... or maybe just bailed... dunno.

CLICKIE

Bailage confirmed: Lighthouse made a farewell post.

I13: so bad even the Community Rep quit.