RIP Imp Farm

discuss CoH and CoV...

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

RIP Imp Farm

Post by Tach Deneva » 21 Apr 2009, 13:48

Alas, we barely knew you!

Got 5 levels on a rad defender (19-24) just checking it out.
Got 3 levels on a dark corruptor (40-43).

Purp got her MM from 25 to 40.

But now it's gone. Bew hew bew hew. PDT_Armataz_01_10
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 21 Apr 2009, 14:20

LOL.....well that one I did last night for 4 hours was a PITA, I might have gotten another level out of it if we had not lost 2 guys and were faceplanting all over and over and over.....

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 21 Apr 2009, 14:27

Was yours in a cavern with mass quantities of clickable bombs all over the place? "World on Fire" was the name.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 21 Apr 2009, 14:48

no it was some huge assed cave (villain side) filled to the brim with pre-armored spider guys who are ugly as sin and kinda creapy, and AVs based on this guys SG (the maker was on the team....and we killed....er...arrested....his double or something) it was a nightmare

it was called something/someones challenge.... blokes maybe?

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 21 Apr 2009, 14:56

Oh, well, this one was set up so that everyone was auto-level 50, and the mission was filled wall to wall with level 54 fire imps - kinda hard to hit, but one shot would kill them. Plus clicking on the bombs resulted in badge after badge after badge on the item clicking track. Destroying the 'Fire Altars' would trigger huge ambushes. It was possible to die from being overwhelmed, but heck, wait a few minutes and rez from leveling. Good fun. :)

Tach Deneva

Re: RIP Imp Farm

Post by Tach Deneva » 07 Nov 2010, 10:48

Just found out that AE Power Leveling is alive and well. I was on a level 6 electric/storm troller when I got a tell saying "Wanna level really fast?" I almost said no, but I was in a what the heck mood so instead I said, "Heh, I dunno. What do I have to do?" An invitation popped up, I clicked to accept. "Come to Galaxy AE!" said the team leader.

So I went. It was a holiday themed mission, with little Santa Clauses and helpers and imps running around. Only the imps did any damage, and it only took a couple of hits to defeat them. Anyway, levels ensued. Lots and lots of levels. When someone hit level 20 on their brand new toon the team leader decided it was time to take a break and let everyone level up before going on. I thanked the team leader and logged out. I don't know how many levels I gained. I'll guess around 10. In less than 15 minutes.

The team leader was inviting people at random, so you know sooner or later one of the invitees will report it, and that will be that. But dayum - that was a great PL mish - I didn't think PLing like that was even still possible.

Edit: it was 11 levels. From 6-17. And now 18 thanks to a Rikti Invasion. I saw a guy during the invasion that had been in Outbreak this morning at the same time as my new toon - he was still level 6.

Softball

Post by Softball » 08 Nov 2010, 17:31

Was that a custom made mission? I thought they did away with being able to do that?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 09 Nov 2010, 22:23

Yeah, some player made it. I thought the devs had 'fixed' the AE so that such a thing was no longer possible, but evidently not.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 12 Nov 2010, 15:07

Rolled a new character today - Mind/Electric Dominator - went redside, headed for the first mission. Was fighting stuff along the way and hit level 4 before I got there. Went into the mission, and got a tell: "Hey, want to join AE team?"

Heh.

I said, "Okay."

That was around 3:30. It's 5:00 now, and my new toon is level 20. So slo--o-o-o-o-o-ow!

:cheers: