Enough is Enough

discuss CoH and CoV...

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

Enough is Enough

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 May 2009, 11:30

In light of Oafitron's latest load of defecation, I've canceled my CoH account.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 05 May 2009, 11:49

can I haz your stuff?

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 05 May 2009, 11:55

I saw this nerfage comming. I went home at lunch to see if everyone (my toons that is) was still there and they were. I'll adapt, or go back to my PI farms when I need levels or cash. I just hate the holier than tho aholes perched atop their soapboxes preening for attention.

heh...

Softball

Post by Softball » 05 May 2009, 12:17

I've been out of the loop on CoH, what did they change or do?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 05 May 2009, 12:24

This thread might as well be in Chinese because I dont understand what ya'll are talking about at all!! lol
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 May 2009, 12:39

THIS

The ingeniously industrious devs of COH created a Power Leveler/Farmer's *Wet Dream* feature and put it in the game - and now they are threatening to punish people who use it to PL/Farm.

While I'm not in the habit of PLing or Farming, I don't have any problems with it or the people who enjoy it - they do not hurt my game play in any way, shape, or form - and I find Positron's 'solution' to this so-called problem that *the devs themselves created* utterly CONTEMPTIBLE.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 05 May 2009, 12:48

I14 brought us the MA - Mission architect. Basically players can now make content for other players. And of course, the players made mission to get the mostest the fastest, IE farming missions. But the way the MA works is that it auto lvls you to the content. So if the mission is set for lvl 42....your lvl 1 goes in and is auto'd to lvl 42. So peeps grabed some lowbies, parked them at the mish door, and took their big toons and laid waste to whatever is on the map...and for the lowbies.....the XP wheel spun like a top.

To the point where a lvl2 went in and went out lvl 20 in about 5-10 mins.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 05 May 2009, 13:59

kinda sucks as I have made boat loads of influence (i.e. game world cash) over the past week, to the tune of 200-400 million

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 May 2009, 15:24

My goodbye post:

I canceled my subscription today. Even though I am not a farmer/PLer and I don't have any farm missions and the Pedantically Pronounced Positronic Punishments wouldn't apply to me or any of my toons and I was really hoping I'd get to play an electric/ice tanker at some point in the near future...

It's just that after reading Positron's Positively Precocious Post I felt compelled to institute my own zero-tolerance policy and in order to maintain compliance I have to quit because of retroactive rage over the whole RV/Isolator thing. Grr!

So there.

And no, you guys can't have any of my stuff. Think, people! It might be seen as an (eek!) exploit! Free goodbye stuff = all reward/no risk. Posi & co. don't go for that! They will get you for it! If not today, then maybe tomorrow. Or the next day. Or the next day. Or, I dunno, the next day.

Bye wikked.
Hiya Mod08!

Or the next day...

Softball

Post by Softball » 05 May 2009, 15:24

I am assuming that would require two accounts to do what you described? That's kinda lame, who the heck cares about Power leveling? It takes such a long time to level up normally, why not get it done faster? Besides, they are getting the extra revenue for dual accounts, right? If anything, just remove it from the game or only let the custom missions give you influence and not XP.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 May 2009, 15:40

I'm thinking Posi may have shot the goose that laid the golden egg with this one. With CO's release just around the corner, this is NOT the time to piss off what's probably the most heavily populated portion of the player base. Heck, they ran off all the PVP guys last issue. Now, this? What the heck are they thinking?

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 06 May 2009, 12:09

So, Buff, did you ever find out about the nefariosity?

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 12 May 2009, 05:03

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 22 May 2009, 04:05

While the CoH devs are seemingly bound and determined to keep everyone leveling/playing according to the 'Vision of how it Should Be' Posi saw in his toilet bowl one morning, over at LOTRO they're having a level race...

http://www.lotro.com/gameinfo/416-kinshipcontest

:o

Tach Deneva

Re: Enough is Enough

Post by Tach Deneva » 01 Sep 2010, 15:15

Almost too wacky to be believed, but...

In the wake of the successful 'Going Rogue' expansion, the nice folks at Paragon Studios have pulled a major CRYPTIC with the announcement of a 'Party Pack' consisting of 8 emotes... and nothing else... several of which are already in the game in some form or another... for $8.

And the peasants rejoiced. NOT!

PDT_Armataz_01_11

Softball

Post by Softball » 01 Sep 2010, 19:53

At least the box art looks cool!

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 01 Sep 2010, 21:04

Going Rogue is great! Most fun I've had playing City of Heroes in ages.

The new setting, Praetoria, looks fantastic. Almost too good - makes the older parts of the game look, well, old and outdated. The Praetorian story arcs - Resistance (Warden and Crusader) and Loyalist (Responsibility and Power) - are very well-written and *engaging*, with Non-Player-Characters with actual Character. The only problem is... there's only 20 levels of this wonderful new stuff. Then you send your Praetorian character off to Paragon City to be a Hero, or the Rogue Isles to be a villain... and do the same old missions in the same old zones that have been there (in some cases) since 2004.

Praetoria isn't the whole of Going Rogue, though. There's the long awaited side-switching - the actual 'going rogue' aspect of it. My Arachnos Widow is now a 'Rogue' and can do missions hero side and villain side. If I wanted, I could convert her to a full-fledged hero. Alternately, I could send some of my level 20+ heroes to the Rogue Isles, or have them become 'vigilantes' capable of doing missions on both sides.

There's also some new powersets: Demon Summoning for Masterminds, Kinetic Melee for Tankers, Scrappers, Brutes, and Stalkers, Electric Control for Dominators and Controllers, and Dual Pistols for Blasters and Corruptors.

So, anyway, it's definitely worth picking up if you're a COH fan, especially the Praetoria stuff. While there's only 20 levels of it, it's 20 darned good levels.