I16: It's Casablanca - IN COLOR!

discuss CoH and CoV...

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

I16: It's Casablanca - IN COLOR!

Post by Tach Deneva » 17 Jul 2009, 12:01

Positude: Hey kids! Sure, you've done it all hundreds of times before - but you've never done it with BLUE pom poms of DOOM!

DEV-otees: Squee! Squee! Squee!

Other: Where's the beef? I don't think there's anyone back there.

DEV-otees: Squee! Unnannounced features (TM)! Squee!

Me: Yeah, yeah electric tankers, about damn time, but you know what, Posi? You STILL suck. :P
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 17 Jul 2009, 13:48

this is the beef..............

Enhanced Difficulty Options - Players can now fine-tune their difficulty levels by telling the game exactly how they want to be treated. They can choose to be regarded as a specific size team (even if they are soloing), and even have control over the level they are detected to be when it comes to the dynamic spawn system. So if you ever wanted to see if your Scrapper could take on a map that is populated for an 8 person team, four levels higher than your own, now you can! The difficulty settings of the mission owner dictate how the mission is handled, just as before, and you can change your difficulty settings at any Hero Corp.'s Representative in Paragon City or Fateweaver in the Rogue Isles.

At least for me and my power farmer side.............

meaning that I can set my mish to a 8 player spawn and reap the rewards of such....my dual fire/kin combo farms will really pay off now =)

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 17 Jul 2009, 17:35

Yeah, I saw that. Sounds like another setup for future punishment - unless the risk vs reward ratio is skewed yet again toward all risk/no reward, in which case, why bother.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 18 Jul 2009, 07:56

current thinking (even from the rapid anti farmers) is this is a move to get the farmers out of AE for the most part and I like it. The rest is so so with me

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 Oct 2009, 15:44

Well, I resubbed and made three new toons: electric/ice tanker, rad/fire blaster, and electric/electric scrapper.

Over the course of a couple of weeks I got the tanker to level 16, the blaster to 14, and the scrapper to 8. Friday evening I got in on a Synapse TF with the tanker. Started the TF at level 16 with 5 bars - and when it was over he was level 21 with 5 bars. By Sunday evening he was level 26. Played a little today and he's closing in on 27.

Apart from the TF, this is just running story arcs and enough radio missions to get the safeguard missions every five levels (missed the one from 15-20 tho). I've pretty much steered clear of AE missions, because every time I try to play one the custom critters go on a rampage and debt ensues.

Kinda scary to think what next weekend's double XP is gonna be like...

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 06 Oct 2009, 17:17

cant be worse than the last one when I took 3 toons from 0 to 50 in 2 days, and got several others from low teens to 40 or higher......

be nice if i had time to actually play

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 06 Oct 2009, 18:36

Heh, is 'US Americans' one of yours?