Interesting to anyone?

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Interesting to anyone?

Post by Hammer »

https://store.steampowered.com/app/311310/Naval_Action/

I have had my eye on this since before it went early access, it reminds me of an old board game called Wooden Ships and Iron Men (I am definitely dating myself with that).

Has some bad reviews though, not sure about those.
Helmut

PanzerMeyer

Re: Interesting to anyone?

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I remember "Wooden Ships and Iron Men" but never played it. I was into naval sims for a while but then kinda lost interest in the genre since nothing came out that grabbed me like Silent Hunter 4 or Dangerous Waters did. Interestingly, some of the most immersive naval combat I've experienced is in Total War: Napoleon. It was very well implemented.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I forgot to add that my fundamental problem with "Naval Action" is that it is largely focused on MP. I just want a solid SP experience with realistic physics modelling and an in-depth campaign mode.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

For my part, I love MP. Some of the bad reviews say it is unbalanced in favor of clans, which i do not like at all. I am not sure if you do online coop if you get your own instance, that is pretty close to SP. While the game is attractive to me, I will probably not get it due to lack of available time and some of the controversy, even though it is on sale.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hammer, I know this is off-topic, but I also posted that Voice Comms is on sale on Steam too, in case you're interested.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

The Ultimate Admiral series (two games) might be a better bet. They are on Steam.
Helmut