What was the very first....

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

What was the very first....

Post by PanzerMeyer »

PC flight sim that you bought?

For me that would be the original "Jet fighter" back in 1989. I bought it from a Radio Shack.

Here is some info on the sim,

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jetfighter_(series)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Grifter

Re: What was the very first....

Post by Grifter »

I'm not sure as I got a lot of them as gifts for my birthday or xmas. I guess it may have been Janes' Fighters Anthology, maybe? The first full fidelity flight sim I bought was likely Falcon 4.0, but again, I don't know if I bought that or received it as a gift.

I can definitively tell you that this is the first flight sim I ever played:F-15E Strike Eagle for Commodore 64

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Yes, that was also the first one I played. My neighbor 4 houses down had a C64 and we played it there.
The first sim I had was FSII for my Atari 800XL.

The first PC sim I had was Gunship on my CGA 8086.

The first PC sim I actually bought with my own money...I can't recall if I bought F-19 or it was a gift.

Frankly, I never find the act of buying that memorable, so it often is very difficult for me to recall what things I have bought or had gifted or borrowed from another or what. The only things I clearly recall buying are cars and houses because of the sheer torture!
The Jedi Master

Bones

Post by Bones »

The very first one I bought was Gunship for the C64.

The very first one I played was SubLogic Flight Simulator for C64.

The very first one I pirated was CLASSIFIED
v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Cool that we both had Commodore 64s! I could never get the damned balloon to go across the screen! But, I loved that little computer. Wrote my first papers on using software like Word Script, I think it was called. Also used Printshop an awful lot to make covers for my book reports. :-)