RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Sun 17 Dec, 2017 12:39 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Death Penalty is COMING SOON
PostPosted: Tue 23 Feb, 2010 4:35 pm 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=memtK5ABI8s&feature=sub

Q- (From Anthony Pascale) What about word of a Death Penalty?

Craig Z - This is one of those things that is "living proof" of working with the community and listening to them. Personally, I don't believe in Death Penalties. I don't believe it adds to the game and I believed that most players don't like them either. Well, guess what... "I was wrong". We are in the process of putting together ideas that makes the combat a bit more risky and limiting the "easier way outs" that people have been using in missions. There are a few things that are being played with internally. I see it in the "nearer term" than in the future. Definitely in the next month or so.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:04 am 

http://forums.startrekonline.com/showth ... ost2198657

HOLY CRAP this would be a good solution for all, but hey not sure cryptic would do it under soem idea that hey its to hard to implement PDT_Armataz_01_11

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:32 am 
 WWW  Profile

After what I read in the paper the death penalty should not be around but instead life in prison without the posibility of parole with everyday all day you are torture so bad that the Devil begs for us to show you mercy so he can have something left when they do get down to him. Death Penalty is to good for some people.

A 25 yo college educated woman performs an abortion on herself with abortion drugs purchased on the internet. She rips the umbilical cord with her bare hands, puts the baby first in a robe then a plastic bag and throws her in the back of her closet, goes to the hospital because her placenta never passed. Doctors determine that she was between seven and nine months pregnant. A day later the baby is found in the closet dead after she finally told what she had done.

She needs to rot in prison and everyday every hour on the hour she needs to be suffocated with said plastic bag that she thought was fit for her baby to take her last breath in until she is almost dead for the rest of her natural life. Every effort needs to be taken for her to be brought back to life so this can be done again and again and again and again and again and again and again.

There is nothing a child can do to protect themselves, NOTHING!!!!! The pain I feel for this and all children done this way or constantly over and over again done this way is beyond measure.

DA

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:33 am 
 WWW  Profile

ummm. yeah.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 9:40 am 
 WWW  Profile

I'm sorry guys, I didn't read the thread correctly. I am still pissed about what I read in that article yesterday I needed to vent and of course you guys gave it to me even though you really didn't. I apologize here and now for my words in the wrong forum.

DA

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 10:35 am 

I don't like the different difficulty levels, that would screw up grouping with people that have different difficulties set. They should just make it XP Debt like in COH/COV and be done with it. And maybe add a repair equipment feature like in WOW. Your ship was damaged/destroyed, it should take damage during a respawn (repair/rebuild). Thoughts?

DA, dude....step away from the computer man, step away. *ROFL*

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 11:02 am 

I suggested that the people who want a penalty for defeat just penalize themselves - temporarily remove a BO or weapon from the ship, or move at half speed for a while, or even log off for a few minutes - and leave the rest of us alone. But that was met with ridicule because I'm a carebear and an idiot and my tears are delicious.

:cheers:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 12:22 pm 

Another unfortunate thing with STO is that it is a single server. So if they change the rules for a certain group of people, it affects everyone. They will have to cater to everyone's wants and needs, not just a small portion of the STO universe. If it ain't broke, DON'T FIX IT! *head slap*

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 2:19 pm 
 WWW  Profile

this happened with L4D/L4D2. Enough crazy people complained that it's too easy, they made even the easy levels too difficult to enjoy.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 5:15 pm 

Here's a cool DP: U.S.S. Click Me

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 24 Feb, 2010 5:16 pm 

sounds like for a Dp you'll loose BOs for a while.....if thats the extent....I can live with that

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 6:14 am 

The STO forums are very entertaining today. As many of you know, the DP was mentioned in the State of the Game address last night - and as a result, it's been brought to the attention of the masses - who are by and large UP IN ARMS.

So, one must wonder: is Cryptic listening NOW? Who the hell were they 'listening' to before?

I believe the situation is best summed up by the following phrase: "Don't pee on my leg and tell me it's raining."

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 7:05 am 

Satsutekh wrote:
I still like to think Cryptic is smarter than that.

CoH: "Okay, guys, we're all done making large changes to the power sets! Yippee! Oh, by the way, here's Enhancement Diversification. Enjoy!"

CO: "Thank you all for joining us on this auspicious occasion! Now that we have you here, how about a nice game-altering Launch Day Patch to make things even better! Woo hoo! Wait, where's everybody going?"

CO: "Okay, guys, we've come through for you yet again! Here's that long-awaited, much-anticipated content you've all been clamoring for since launch, and it's yours for the low low price of... say, where'd you guys get all those pitchforks and torches?"

STO: "We just flat out adore you guys we really do and boy o boy do we enjoy listening to you! And to prove it we're giving you the Death Penalty you've ALL been demanding! Because, gosh darn it, we listen! High fives all around!"

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 7:18 am 
 WWW  Profile

Funny thing is it's like Tack says. Initially, they were listening to the extremists who are the only ones asking for said penalty. Most of the players probably don't notice that there isn't one and aren't reading the forums. Then when the announcement goes more public, your average players realize what is going to happen. I hope these average users get listened to as much as the extremists do. Don't ruin the game to please the fringe.

If the only way I can level is to hide my weaker ship behind a wall of people who are 10 levels ahead of me, I'll likely not play.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:16 am 

Tach Deneva wrote:
Satsutekh wrote:
I still like to think Cryptic is smarter than that.

STO: "We just flat out adore you guys we really do and boy o boy do we enjoy listening to you! And to prove it we're giving you the Death Penalty you've ALL been demanding! Because, gosh darn it, we listen! High fives all around!"

Hee hee - that thread went POOF!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 26 Feb, 2010 8:15 pm 

they deleted the thread?

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 27 Feb, 2010 5:19 am 

Yup. But there are dozens more like it. The STO boards are a mess at present.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 07 Mar, 2010 6:20 am 

Evidently those of us who have Cruisers should have been stacking EPS conduit engineering consoles because evidently there's a nerf of said consoles being tested on the test server.

[schild=19 fontcolor=000000 shadowcolor=C0C0C0 shieldshadow=1]Oops![/schild]