Well that didnt take long...........

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

Well that didnt take long...........

Post by Buffalo Six » 24 Mar 2010, 11:09

Nerfs to the Big 3 (all Sci btw) Also remember that it seems all the sci consoles get halved also....unless I missed something

Greetings all,

I wanted to get a round of feedback on the planned updates to these abilities (Feedback Pulse, Subnucleonic Beam, Viral Matrix). Take a look and let me know what you think.

The chaining of any ability is also being addressed. This post is just to discuss the changes to the functionality of these abilities.

Feedback Pulse
Goal: This ability can be used to augment DPS by reflecting your opponents directed energy attacks, as well as a deterrent in PvP if currently the main target of a group.

Changes:

* Reflects all directed energy types (beams, cannons, turrets)
* Feedback Pulse is now an energy type, buffed and resisted as other damage types
* Feedback Pulse reflected damage hits shields first, but does have 50% shield penetration
* Overall reflected damage reduced, where best reflection at version III is about equal to source damage

Countered By: Subnucleonic Beam removes buff, projectile weapon or indirect damage ignores it

Subnucleonic Beam
Goal: This ability removes buffs and slows performance of targeted enemy. Counters abilities such as Feedback Pulse, Reverse Shield Polarity, Attack Pattern Alpha, by removing the applied buff.

Changes:

* This does not put abilities into recharge, but instead slows the recharge time for bridge officer abilities and weapons systems over its duration.
* Removes currently applied buffs from target at activation time. Buffs can be later applied while subnucleonic beam is active.

Countered By: Science Team applied while SNB active removes debuff, Photonic Officer helps to offset slow recharge

Viral Matrix
Goal: Cripples target, but target has the chance to remove debuff or continue to fight at a disadvantage.

Changes:

* This is no longer a hold, but instead takes three of a ship's subsystems offline.
* Shields subsystems are unaffected, but weapons, engines, and auxiliary will go offline in a random order over the course of the duration. As the systems go offline in a staggered method, the target has some time to react and does not have all three systems disabled for the entire duration.

Countered By: Engineering Team restores all subsystems, Emergency Power to [system] will restore that particular subsystem.

Let me know what you think of the changes in functionality. Hopefully this promotes more interesting play in the timing of when to use these abilities and how (or if) you spend your resources to counter them.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 24 Mar 2010, 15:25

Thank goodness they didn't touch Emergency Power to Toilets!
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 17 Apr 2010, 18:02

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 03 May 2010, 21:15

This just in: Cryptic_Gozer quit. Seems he got an offer he couldn't refuse with another game company.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 05 May 2010, 14:57

Phoxe rides again! Two mostly 'all in fun' threads that have perhaps uncomfortably reminded folks of Cryptic shenanigans past and possibly future have been closed in the past hour by everyone's favorite moderator, Phoxe!

Who is nowhere near as cool as Boxxy. Who was not trolling.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 26 May 2010, 11:49

Looks like they're going to go all Mission Architect-y on us. UGC = User Generated Crap, er, Content. Just what we need in this game.

CLICKIES

Sing it with me: Are you hanging on the edge of your seat?

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 26 May 2010, 12:59

well I cane out and called Superchum a sockpuppet in that thread. Prolly get another vacation for it.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 26 May 2010, 15:22

Sock Puppets Online - coming soon from Cryptic!

Tach Deneva

Re: Well that didnt take long...........

Post by Tach Deneva » 24 Jun 2010, 15:24

Originally Posted by GMDestra
This just in: I’ve just received confirmation that there are solid plans to add the Galaxy-X to the C-Store in the very near future. If you are purchasing the Steam sale solely for the Galaxy-X referral rewards, you’ll get a better deal if you wait for this item to hit the C-Store. Also, for those who already purchased several copies of STO just to get the Galaxy ship, we’ll be gifting you $50 worth of CP as a special thank you.

In other news, Owls are freaky lil critters, huh.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 25 Jun 2010, 12:34

Like I didnt see this coming?

BWAAAAAAHHHHAAAAAAAA!

There I feel better now....

".........{Klaxon}.....Warning.......Warning......Nerdrage Containment Breech......In 5......4......3......2....."

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 01 Jul 2010, 11:48

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 16 Aug 2010, 13:12

Bill Roper rides off into the sunset!

http://www.startrekonline.com/node/2029

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 16 Aug 2010, 14:31

Buuuu......Bye..........

Softball

Post by Softball » 16 Aug 2010, 15:54

Sure is a high turnover rate at Cryptic Studios.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist