*UPDATE*DP at default level *Revamped*

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Buffalo Six

*UPDATE*DP at default level *Revamped*

Post by Buffalo Six » 22 Apr 2010, 08:58

Well I feel like I helped make this happen.......I didnt even get banned either....

I would rather it heal upon mission/instance complete but, at the default level, if given no other choice, I can live with this compromise much better than the original forced DP/Time-sink/$$-sink/Pain in the ass-sink.

I actually feel like we won....or mostly won....or something....

Greetings all,

We've been reading your feedback about the new Injury System and appreciate how many people are concerned about the cost to recover from injuries, even at the Normal difficulty setting. Here is a proposal for a tweak to the system that should retain the flavor of injuries while minimizing the cost.

Minor Injuries would change to be temporary events that last 30 minutes (less time than an episode). They can be immediately removed by a minor regenerator or minor components, but otherwise go away on their own.

If this change was made, the following should happen at each difficulty level:

Normal - Minor Injuries don't cost the player anything but still provide the flavor of "Scotty is fixing something that broke during a battle and gets it repaired just as the episode climax arrives". Major and Critical Injuries do not appear at this difficulty, and the normal rate at receiving Minor Injuries is low enough that it would be unlikely to even have more than one or two at any time.

Advanced - Players will now weigh their own skill at staying alive after receiving a Minor Injury versus paying for the instant removal to avoid a more costly Major or Critical Injury they might receive.

Elite - Players might still weigh the risk versus the cost of a minor regenerator or components, but most likely they have enough credits and are playing at a risky enough level that they would pay to remove Minor Injuries as they are acquired.

Hopefully this would address everyone's concerns about the price of injury while still allowing the benefits of the Injury System to be experienced.

What does everyone think?
-snix
Last edited by Buffalo Six on 22 Apr 2010, 12:22, edited 1 time in total.

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 22 Apr 2010, 11:40

got link to the thread fromSTO site

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 22 Apr 2010, 11:44

VEGETA wrote:got link to the thread fromSTO site

and reading that, its something I can live with. its nothing to DUMB and costs me no in game cash or time.

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 22 Apr 2010, 12:23

Ok, I am now sort of impressed.........

Thanks for all the feedback!

Based on your comments, we're going to put the following changes onto Tribble:

* Normal Difficulty will not have any Injury System.

* Advanced and Elite will have the Injury System, with the new change to make Minor Injuries last only 30 minutes (or removed by an injury pack or contact).

* Injury Pack items (along with other devices) have had their stack count increased to 20

What we will be working on for updates in the near future:

* Fixing the spawn locations of DSE, so you should not arrive and be under immediate attack.

* Monitor the cost of injury packs (regenerators and components) to make sure they are a managable cost based on the added rewards of the higher difficulty settings. Note that the cost can be managed by removing Minor (and Major) Injuries as they are incurred, to avoid the chance of ever receiving a Critical Injury.

Thanks!
-snix

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 22 Apr 2010, 12:49

WTF, tryed to make a post in a thread on tribble section and it will not allow me. I can post every ware else but tribble ???

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 22 Apr 2010, 13:03

Veg....you have to basically signup to log onto tribble which then gives you access to the tribble forums......

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 22 Apr 2010, 13:05

Man, you guys ARE geeks. ;-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 22 Apr 2010, 13:10

Buffalo Six wrote:Veg....you have to basically signup to log onto tribble which then gives you access to the tribble forums......

arg so where do I do that lol

PanzerMeyer whats the name of the episode where the boxing match occurs on battlestart galactic between different crew members.
Last edited by VEGETA on 22 Apr 2010, 13:14, edited 1 time in total.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 22 Apr 2010, 13:16

VEGETA wrote:PanzerMeyer whats the name of the episode where the boxing match occurs on battlestart galactic between different crew members.

"Unfinished Business".
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 22 Apr 2010, 13:43

PanzerMeyer wrote:
VEGETA wrote:PanzerMeyer whats the name of the episode where the boxing match occurs on battlestart galactic between different crew members.

"Unfinished Business".

LMAO and we are the geeks lol PDT_Armataz_01_12

trust me come to the dark side, STO is the true way

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 22 Apr 2010, 13:50

It's Shake 'N Bake and I helped!

[cynicism] This was likely their plan all along: create a big controversy on the forums, then make it look like they caved in to popular demand. Why? So they can get away with something even MOAR evil! [/cynicism]
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple