@Hammer: Ingots?

forums to discuss LOTRO

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

@Hammer: Ingots?

Post by Softball » 04 Jan 2011, 10:19

I can never remember what Ingots you need. Can you let me know here so I can work on getting some to you later? Thx.

This goes for anyone else who needs ingots and can't make them themselves.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Hammer

Re: @Hammer: Ingots?

Post by Hammer » 04 Jan 2011, 21:34

i need rich iron and high grade steel ingots now.

don't for get aged scraps of text! also all those various other texty kind of things. they will come in handy later to get master in the higher scholar levels.
Helmut

Softball

Post by Softball » 05 Jan 2011, 02:41

Sent you (25) of each, that amounts to collecting 100 pieces of Rich Iron Ore to make those. Took a little over an hour to gather it up as there were two other players with the same idea in the North Downs area where I was farming the ore. Hope this helps you with your crafting.

Aged scraps of text are a bit tougher to get, they drop at about a 20:1 ratio in certain areas. If everyone pitches in and sends you what they find, you'll have them in no time. Just takes a little team effort. I have been going out of my way to farm for resources to make better armor for everyone. I didn't get a chance to make the armor for you tonight (it was getting late), but i'll work on it tomorrow.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 09 Jan 2011, 21:45

OK - i finally made master apprentice scholar. aged scraps of text are not so important any more. now it is ruined second age trinkets.

i am also working on master for expert weaponsmith (need rich iron ingots), which means i have some default artisan weapons i can make as well.
Helmut

Softball

Post by Softball » 10 Jan 2011, 00:38

Ok, I'll do what I can. I collected over 140 Rich Iron Ore pieces last night while gathering Sturdy leather, and the ingots are created at a 2 to 1 ratio, that will make 70 pieces of Rich Iron Ingots. Unfortunately, the Rich Iron Ingots along with High Grade Steel Ingots (made with rich iron ingots and Lumps of coal) are needed to make certain pieces that I need to make for my Expert Mastery in Metalsmithing. Once I achieve Expert Mastery in Metalsmithing, I will be able to get more to you. Between Tach and I, we should be able to get you hooked up with what you need. I almost have Expert Tailoring Mastery as well, getting tougher to bring that up though, as I need Sturdy and Pristine Hides (rare) to make further progress.

BTW, I have found the the crafting tools sell like crazy on the Auction house. As do Silver and Gold ingots. I sold some silver (20 pieces for 180 Silver) and gold ingots (23 pieces for 180 silver) for Stache and they sold within minutes, if not seconds of posting them. They were priced extremely low compared to the other similar ingots that were for sale, so I'm guessing that's why they sold so fast.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 10 Jan 2011, 21:23

where do you get sturdy and pristine hides?

do you need more pale flax?

can you make matching shoulder guards and boots to go with the rest of that set of armor you made for me? it is very nice.

for Artisan weapons I can make:

Dwarf Craft dagger - level 32, 35-58, 24.3 DPS, +10 might, +10 will, +30 max morale
Dwarf Craft axe - level 32, 35-58, 24.3 DPS, +10 might, +10 will, +30 max power
Dwarf Craft sword - level 32, 35-58, 24.3 DPS, +10 might, +10 will, +30.6 in-combat power regen
Dwarf Craft great sword - level 32, 52-86, 27.6 DPS, +20 might, +20 agility, +61 max morale

each of these require 2 dwarf-iron ingots

Forged Dwarf Craft (level 38)(one handed 40-67 ancient dwarf-make damage, 28.2DPS)(two handed 60-100 ancient dwarf-make damage, 32.1DPS)
axe, dagger, sword, great sword, halberd, headsman's axe

each of these require 2 dwarf-iron ingots and 2 dwarf-steel ingots

i have to go to the forges at Thorin's Hall to make them. let me know if anyone wants one of these. i can also make lower level weapons - level 22 and level 28 stuff and a nice level 31 gondorian axe.
Helmut

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 11 Jan 2011, 07:24

Sturdy Hide

The Wargs and Aurochs north and east of Esteldin drop sturdy hides.

Pristine Hide

The Wargs and Bears on the northern and western shores of Evendim drop these. Also, lots of dwarf-iron and platinum to be found in the Evendim area. Dwarf-iron can be made into Dwarf-steel or Westernesse steel.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Softball

Post by Softball » 11 Jan 2011, 13:30

Thanks Tach, good to know.

OT: I was doing some exploring in the Evendim area last night and ran into an area (Castle or Place of some kind) SE of the big lake in Evendim with level 50 Tomb Robbers, they were Purple to me at Level 38. Eeeeek!! I did find some Dwarf Iron and Platinum in that area.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 11 Jan 2011, 14:21

My Burg fought and killed the Sire and Dam of all the salamanders in the area. PDT_Armataz_01_36

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 11 Jan 2011, 21:02

Okay, after doing a bunch of quests around Evendim tonight (level 39, yay) I accumulated 56 dwarf-iron ores. That smelted down to 28 dwarf-iron ingots, which with 28 lumps of coal, refined out to 14 dwarf-steel ingots and 14 westernesse steel ingots. I sent 7 of each to Onear and 7 of each to Trakas. So go make something purty.

:cheers:

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 11 Jan 2011, 22:16

dwarf iron ingots is good for me. don't waste them going to steel yet, unless you want one of the itms i mentioned that uses the dwarf steel.

thx though! helps with the crafting levels for sure!
Helmut