"Your Kinship has been disbanded."

forums to discuss LOTRO

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Tach Deneva

"Your Kinship has been disbanded."

Post by Tach Deneva » 19 Jul 2011, 18:15

I don't know how it happened, but I logged on tonight and our kinship is gone.

"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Hammer

Re: "Your Kinship has been disbanded."

Post by Hammer » 19 Jul 2011, 20:45

becasue we have not been active. you have to have active membership and do some things to keep it alive i think.
Helmut

Softball

Post by Softball » 22 Jul 2011, 22:41

That's understandable. I didn't realize they kept track of that. I guess we can remake the kinship, it's pretty easy. Maybe the Kinship leader (me) needs to login every now and then to keep it active? Or maybe someone's account was hacked and disbanded the group?

EDIT: Found this on the LOTRO forums: A kinship is also disbanded if it goes 65 days without a leader. If a leader does not log in for more than 35 days or is deleted, a new leader must be appointed within 65 days or the kinship is disbanded.

Didn't know this, sorry. We can always re-create the Kinship, but it will require a minimum of 8 characters in the first two weeks of creation.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 23 Jul 2011, 04:26

Let me know when you're ready to recreate it.

Softball

Post by Softball » 23 Jul 2011, 09:34

Tach, you can go ahead and re-create it. I'll get online sometime on Sunday night and we can get our characters guilded. You are online more than I am, so you might as well create the kinship and maintain as the leader.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 23 Jul 2011, 10:26

yeah i was thinking that as i was reading. Tach you would probably be better as I think you play more LOTRO than the rest of us?

if you recreate it let me know and I will see about getting on to get my character into the guild as well.

why did we stop playing this? i know the free limitations kinda bugged me a bit.
Helmut

Softball

Post by Softball » 23 Jul 2011, 13:43

Good question Hammer. I rather enjoyed playing LOTRO, especially working on the crafting. I'll probably try to split some of my time between LOTRO and NWN2.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 23 Jul 2011, 19:36

I got a little burned out and took a break, then went back and got Darnet to 45, then took another break. Lately I've been playing City of Heroes again and have fallen back into rhythm with the SG I team with, the Debtinators. Got something going on almost every night of the week. Monday - heroes on Virtue, Tuesday - Villains on Infinity, Wednesday - Heroes on Infinity, Thursday - Heroes on Union, Friday - a Task Force or Trial on Infinity, Saturday - Villains on Infinity again. Sunday - take the day off, whee.

(By the way, Buff - if you're reading this - I showed the Atlas All-Stars base to the SG leader and he was IMPRESSED.)

Also did my first Incarnate Trial last night - that's the CoH version of a 'raid', with up to 24 players. It went well. I was fortunate to get with a good group of teams.

Anyway, got on LOTRO earlier and did the Kin thing, a 'mixed' one. Thought I'd try a different name, something more Middle Earth-ish. Tried to find a correlation between the constellation of Eridanus and the constellations named by Tolkien in the books, but there was none. Also wanted to keep the 'horse' aspect. After much trial and error, and "That name is not appropriate blah blah," I came up with The Dawnstar Horsemen, which, of course, was 'not appropriate', so I went with The Dawnstar Riders, which evidently was. If nobody likes it I can ditch it and go back to what we had before.

Softball

Post by Softball » 23 Jul 2011, 21:18

Alright, I'll try and get online tomorrow night and get my toons guilded.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 24 Jul 2011, 09:51

Tach has to be on to do that. right?
Helmut

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 24 Jul 2011, 10:46

just logged in - if you have not logged on in a while there are quite some updates.

BTW Tach, I think that name has some CoH to it. maybe you've been playing that a bit too much recently. :)
Helmut

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 24 Jul 2011, 14:13

Heh, I wanted something referencing stars and horses and after many "Oh, no you don't!" s from the game I thought of Arwen Evenstar (aka Xenarwen in the movies) and so went the train of thought... Evening Star... Morning Star... Dusk... Dawn... Horse... Dawn Horse?

But the Starry Starry Eohippus Wranglers was, alas, inappropriate. PDT_Armataz_01_31

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 25 Mar 2014, 06:18

By the way, the Dawnstar Riders kinship is currently at max level.

:cheers: