Star Wars the Old Republic Beta testing starting on 11/25/11

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Tach Deneva

Re: Star Wars the Old Republic Beta testing starting on 11/2

Post by Tach Deneva » 02 Dec 2011, 14:07

Cool.

Got in promptly at 2 pm EST.

Meet Seveer Unaek, Bounty Hunter. (Still can't have last names, but that's what his last name would be. If he had one. Excellent.)

"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Softball

Post by Softball » 02 Dec 2011, 14:56

Cool. That's gonna be my next character, a BH. Were your old characters there?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 02 Dec 2011, 15:43

Yup, all there. BH was the only class I hadn't tried, so I figured I'd give it a shot. Same side missions as my Imperial Agent, which makes sense as they both start on the same planet. This BH seems more durable than my IA in the early levels, but part of that is because I have a little more idea of how to play now than when I started that IA.

Only saw SIX servers when I logged in: three west coast, three east. So far I haven't logged out, so I don't know about the queue situation or if there even is one. Nobody else on yet. My BH is level 7 or 8. I believe I read that the XP for the first 10 levels had been increased. Sure feels like it.

Ghost

Post by Ghost » 02 Dec 2011, 15:53

Softball wrote:Before I applied, it showed 5 members. I saw Ghost, Hondo, and Tach, and two other names.

Ghost-rlg Leader Trooper Joined: Mar 2011 Joined On: Dec 2011
_Hondo_ Officer Smuggler Joined: May 2010 Joined On: Dec 2011
Katharis Officer Jedi Consular Joined: Sep 2011 Joined On: Dec 2011
GeneralZach Member Jedi Knight Joined: Jun 2011 Joined On: Dec 2011
Floti Member Jedi Knight Joined: Jan 2009 Joined On: Dec 2011
Ok so after I set up the guild, and Hondo and Tach logged off for the night I informed them that that they are officers in the guild and could invite others to the guild. As I was getting ready to sign off for the night I saw that two people had sent me a request for joining the guild. There apps looked ok so I invited them. One of them has preordered the game which aloud us to go live. I will talk more with you all tonight on TS about recuriting new personal, and are rolls in the guild. As I see it we four are all equal and are the leadership of the guild. I would like to see around 20 members in the guild. This would help us in PVP matches down the road and that others would be on the we could group with and quest with. Also I think it would be nice to have are own city too. PDT_Armataz_01_36
[img]http://www.xtremeconceptswebdesign.com/Image/ghost1.jpg[/img]

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 02 Dec 2011, 17:20

Crashed, and...

Yup. Only six servers. Three east, three west, two PVP.

Logged in at 600+ in the queue on The Leviathan.

As Seveer Unaek, Bounty Hunter, would say, "Whoa!"

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 07 Dec 2011, 15:40

This just in:

Early Game Access* for Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ is only a few days away! Starting December 13, 2011, The Old Republic will begin emailing invitations to start your Early Game Access. Invitations will be sent throughout the Early Game Access period offering rolling access to the game in the order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code, so be sure to check your email inbox!

To ensure that players can get into the game as quickly as possible when their Early Game Access begins, we are now allowing everyone who has redeemed a Pre-Order Code at our Code Redemption Center to pre-load the game to their computer.

In order to download the game client before Early Game Access begins, you need have already logged into your account and redeemed your Pre-Order Code. Once you have done this, you can download the game client by clicking on “My Account” in the upper-right of the window and then click “Pre-Order.” On your Pre-Order page, click the large button that says “Download Game Client” to begin download of the game!

If you participated in our recent Beta Testing Weekend between November 25th and 28th and still have the game client installed, you will be able to patch this client instead of re-installing by simply launching your client, logging in and allowing the download to complete. If you did not participate in the November 25th – 28th Beta Weekend, first uninstall the Game Testing Client and then re-install to ensure your game client will function correctly during Early Game Access.

Comlink

Also: "Early Game Access may be up to 7 days. The length of your Early Game Access depends on the date and order in which you redeemed your Pre-Order Code."