RP-PvP Server (Jung Ma) official invite

Star Wars: The Old Republic
Softball

RP-PvP Server (Jung Ma) official invite

Post by Softball » 13 Jan 2012, 12:28

If you haven't noticed, I haven't been around much this week. I have been putting some time on the RP-PvP server, "Jung Ma", with some friends that I played Shadowbane with. I currently have a Jedi Consular Shadow, "Lomak" (Level 17), and just landed on Taris.

I would like to officially invite everyone here to join me on Jung Ma so we can get some more players for RP and PvP and more importantly, get the guild started. This is a group of online friends that I use to play with that are trying to get together once again and have some MMO fun.

The person running the guild is named "Feylan" in game, and has setup a web site for the guild to operate from. The URL is: http://eternalguard.enjin.com so if you are interested, head over and check it out. You don't have to be an RP expert, just try to stay in character to your best ability. I know that Ghost and Tach have created characters on Jung Ma so far, but I don't have Tach's character name yet to friend him. Send me a /whipser on "Lomak" and I'll friend you when I'm in game. Hope to see you in game soon. I'll still be playing my Trooper and Jedi Knight on the PvE server, but I'm trying to get my character built up and established on the PvP server as well.

I don't know if it's just me, but it seems a LOT slower going with leveling on a Jedi Consular. You really have to pick and choose your battles or you will be visiting the Medical Facility frequently. I haven't had any problems with other players (yet), but I just recently became flagged for PvP permanently, so we'll see how that goes. So far, everyone I have ran into has been very helpful and friendly. That probably won't be the case when I run into some Sith types, but hey, whatever, I'll cross that bridge when the time comes.
Last edited by Softball on 13 Jan 2012, 17:55, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Tach Deneva

Re: RP-PvP Server (Jung Ma) official invite

Post by Tach Deneva » 13 Jan 2012, 14:54

Softball wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but it seems a LOT slower going with leveling on a Jedi Consular. You really have to pick and choose your battles or you will be visiting the Medical Facility frequently.
Try a Gunslinger... PDT_Armataz_01_05

Heh. My Vanguard is only 14 or so, but thus far it has felt like strolling along E-Z Street compared to my other guys!

Anyway, when Ghost told me about this a couple of nights ago I rolled a Trooper on Jung Ma and played him up to level 4, but after much consideration I think I'll pass. I have too many reservations about PVP servers/open world PVP. Much prefer queuing up for goal-oriented PVP as presented in Star Trek Online and Guild Wars (and in the old MechWarrior leagues), and I wish SWTOR had something along those lines a little more compelling than <bleeping!> Huttball.
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Softball

Post by Softball » 13 Jan 2012, 19:11

Tach Deneva wrote:
Softball wrote:I don't know if it's just me, but it seems a LOT slower going with leveling on a Jedi Consular. You really have to pick and choose your battles or you will be visiting the Medical Facility frequently.
Try a Gunslinger... PDT_Armataz_01_05

Heh. My Vanguard is only 14 or so, but thus far it has felt like strolling along E-Z Street compared to my other guys!

Anyway, when Ghost told me about this a couple of nights ago I rolled a Trooper on Jung Ma and played him up to level 4, but after much consideration I think I'll pass. I have too many reservations about PVP servers/open world PVP. Much prefer queuing up for goal-oriented PVP as presented in Star Trek Online and Guild Wars (and in the old MechWarrior leagues), and I wish SWTOR had something along those lines a little more compelling than <bleeping!> Huttball.
Don't take this the wrong way, but I thought this would be a fitting response :P - LINK

It's all good Tach, PvP isn't for everyone. I'm guessing that Hondo will follow suit. Too bad, it would have been fun PvPing with you. I'll catch you on the PvE server.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 13 Jan 2012, 20:02

Softball wrote:Don't take this the wrong way, but I thought this would be a fitting response :P - LINK
Heh.
Softball wrote:It's all good Tach, PvP isn't for everyone. I'm guessing that Hondo will follow suit. Too bad, it would have been fun PvPing with you. I'll catch you on the PvE server.
Oh, I do like PVP. Just not 'Open World' PVP.

Joined an Ops team on Tatooine and defeated Trapjaw, the world boss. Woot. Some joker on the team was flagged for PVP, so when everyone used their buffs to buff the team, *everyone* was flagged for PVP. Really annoying, considering this was on a PVE server in a PVE area, and the only way to rid yourself of it is to do nothing for five minutes.

Anyway, there were 11 people on the team. Everything was fine while we were standing around, but as soon as we started firing, it was lag city. Which tells me I'd not be very effective in an 'Open World' PVP situation in this game even if I wanted to do that.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 14 Jan 2012, 09:15

Oddly enough, it seems one will find more open world PVP on a PVE server than on a PVP server.