RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Wed 20 Sep, 2017 1:01 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: new forum
PostPosted: Sun 08 Jun, 2014 5:37 pm 

I created this forum because it seems more of us are looking at and trying this game out.

it seems like it will be a pretty decent simulator, even for casual play in arcade mode. flight characteristics are good, damage models are good, it even has proper penetration for different ammo types and angles for armor penetration. way better than hit points!

it does have three levels of realism; arcade, realistic, and simulator. each level increases the level of realism and therefore difficulty.

I find arcade mode realistic enough to play when grinding through a level to get the mods or vehicles I want. then I switch to realistic for some good realistic game play. I have not tried simulator mode yet.

Post subject: Re: new forum
PostPosted: Mon 09 Jun, 2014 11:03 pm 

I was going to ask, is there more reward in XP or points for playing at the different realism levels?

I was talking to a co-worker about this game and said he used to play it when it was only planes. He stopped playing when noob players (Tier 1) would use a so called "Ramming tactic" to get easy kills and score points vs. higher Tier targets. He plays World of Tanks and prefers that over War Thunder Tanks for various reasons, one of which was the Tier grind you have to go through to get to certain tanks you want to acquire. He doesn't have a whole lot of time to play and the Tier grind was too much for him.

I'll certainly check it out, seems like it would be fun as a group.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Post subject: Re: new forum
PostPosted: Wed 11 Jun, 2014 8:30 pm 

yes, supposedly you get more points for realistic vs. arcade, but in realistic you get one tank and done. in arcade you get to play every tank in your garage.

no way I would be interested in WoT. tanks have hit points, damage per second is important, etc. blah. I really like the damage model in this game.

I do not find anything to be a grind in this game. I enjoy it. I even like going up against tanks that are higher tier. tough learning experience, but I am OK with it.