Monday Night Training 7/20/20

We will post the data cards for the packages here and you sign up for what you want to fly for each mission. Some nights will have just one mission, others will have two.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Monday Night Training 7/20/20

Post by Grifter »

Hi guys,

So Hammer and I have been looking at "Into the Inferno" and we feel that it's not going to really suit our needs as much as we would like; the way it's scripted just has a bunch of awkward, clunky elements that don't really suit our group's ambitions. We simply like Surrexen's stuff better, too. So, we are still looking for a persistent mission that may serve as our "red flag" platform. We'll see. In the meantime, Hammer has converted "Into the Inferno" into a pure training arena. We can manually call up air and ground targets to practice on, but they won't spawn on their own.

Tonight, we might consider practicing a number of different perishable skills: AAR, formation flying, AWI, whatever floats everyone's boat. I'm thinking maybe we do some AAR and then at least start the conversation about AWI. AWI strikes me as multi-session training and it will take time to really go through it as a group. I'm also not prepared to lead training on that subject, myself, and so I would say we have some hashing out to do around it. If anyone has some other training they would prefer to work on tonight, please let us know.

On a personal note, I'm disappointed to say that I may not make it tonight. It is going to be 96 degrees at its peak today, and my computer is stationed in a room where there is no AC. I'm working on moving my computer into the small den where I also keep my TV and there is AC. But that may take a while, as I have to plan the move. Even at flight time, it may be simply too hot for me to sit at my computer. If it's cool enough I will make it on.

Hammer

Re: Monday Night Training 7/20/20

Post by Hammer »

I will not be on until 6. Maybe it will be cool enough then or the extra time allows you to move your computer.

The current TTI on the server still has cold starts I believe. I will be replacing it with Round Table once I get all the starts to hot start.
One could practice AAR in Snowfox if you do not stray to attract red air, also carrier ops.
Helmut

MasonSatchmo

Post by MasonSatchmo »

Hey Boys ,

Hope you’re all very well. I won’t be making it tonight either. I’ve got quite a large and ambitious upgrade to my shop happening , and today I was outdoors all day running wiring for a new sub panel in the garage , feeling a bit of heat stroke . Hope to see you guys Wednesday!

All the best ,

Daniel

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I’m going to try to be on by 9 PM EDT. Hopefully it will be cool enough by then. Won’t have the computer moved until next week the earliest.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I put up a partially modified version of Round Table on the server (first slot). All the naval stuff should be taken care of (hot starts/runway, loadouts, tacan, icls), no auto spawn of missions (explore the F10 menu though), you should have tankers to do AAR, and should be able to spawn stuff in for missions.

I still need to get the land based aircraft set.

The server is currently running Snowfox though. If enough people get on, a preemptive SEAD strike could be made against bunker area with AAR on the way home. Or something like that. The mission can be changed as well.
Helmut

Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

Two days out of the office while camping last Thursday & Friday set me back a bit and I'm still trying to put out some fires at work this evening. I'm going to try to login around 9:30pm ET if I'm able otherwise I'm already blocking off my calendar for Wednesday @ 5pm PDT_Armataz_01_30

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hammer and I are on now. Hope some of you can make it! :-)

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

we ended up getting schooled by F-5's and MiG-21's.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah, suddenly F-5's and MiG-21's can dodge Fox-3's like SU-30's. Guess we need to step up our game on Wednesday night.

SmadaYhtomit

Post by SmadaYhtomit »

Hey guys, my flight training kicked back in and I'll be working on my night rating. Won't be able to come on today, but I've got Monday blocked off on my calendar. I'd be down for coordination training. We could do carrier OPS too if you guys are interested.

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Hey Smada,

That's great news! Very exciting and I wish you luck getting your night qual. Yeah, we can definitely do some coordination training Monday night. Just to clarify, do you mean formation flying or coordinating tactics in a flight, AWI with your wingman? Thanks.

Bones

Post by Bones »

SmadaYhtomit wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 15:06
Hey guys, my flight training kicked back in and I'll be working on my night rating. Won't be able to come on today, but I've got Monday blocked off on my calendar. I'd be down for coordination training. We could do carrier OPS too if you guys are interested.
hey Smada, I hear ya! I just did my requal in the 172 on Monday. I have my night requal sometime this month when I get the time.

Maybe I should do it while trying to see the comet again haha

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

SmadaYhtomit

Post by SmadaYhtomit »

Bones wrote:
23 Jul 2020, 11:08
SmadaYhtomit wrote:
22 Jul 2020, 15:06
hey Smada, I hear ya! I just did my requal in the 172 on Monday. I have my night requal sometime this month when I get the time.

Maybe I should do it while trying to see the comet again haha

v6,
boNes

We actually ended up having to stop night training because there were no nursing staff available to work during the night hours lol Transport Canada has mandated temperature readings and surveys conduced, and our school is hiring nursing staff to do it. Gonna be late evening flights instead, back before sunset!