forum software upgraded

This is the general discussion area. Everyone is welcome, but you must register to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

forum software upgraded

Post by Hammer »

soonish i will be upgrading the forum software, i am not sure if it will get the exact look back, but i will try.

so do not freak out of you visit one day and things look different.
Helmut

Hammer

Re: forum software upgrade

Post by Hammer »

The upgrade is complete. I will slowly get things back to somewhat normal looking forum and enable registrations again.
Helmut

Softball

Re: forum software upgraded

Post by Softball »

MY EYES!!! Well now, been a while since I've been on here. Is there a way to change it back to Dark Mode or the darker theme?
Hope to catch some of you online soon.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yes, agree, would love to have the dark theme back.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Well, to get the dark theme back I need to have some time to put into recreating it. I might be able to find a canned one that is suitable. I just need time; the girls take up most of it.
Helmut

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Once again the forum software has been updated. It is at the latest release that can be run on the current server software, I have a client on whom I am waiting to pull the trigger on upgrading his stuff and then everything will move to the very latest version. Grifter and I are actually working on a new theme as well so you all do not get blinded when opening the forum software. One of our requirements is to make it responsive so it can be viewed easily on mobile devices, but there is always tapatalk as well.
Helmut

Gator

Post by Gator »

can't believe I remembered my username and password on only the 2nd attempt! it was my username that threw me off on the first try.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

This hexagon theme is ok. I will look over some of the others when I have time.
The Jedi Master

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Be advised I do not have a header for the other themes, but input is quite welcome. The default theme is multi-design, BTW. I know Grifter prefers Hexagon, personally I find the orange font a bit jarring. I could possible modify it a bit if most people like it.

EDIT: spelling
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Actually, I've grown used to the multi-design and kind of like it now. But yes, Hexagon is okay if not a bit Halloween-ish. I also like Carbon but the white font is so frick'n bright! As for headers, how do you make them? Is it just a .jpeg? What software do you use? I could download GIMP and lend a hand once school is finished (only four more weeks, thanks G-D!)

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

i would rather suggest paint.net over gimp. i could also tone down the white font in carbon, maybe the same shade as this one. either that or hexagon would require a bit of coding, not much.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

[sings] a whiter shade of pale [/sings] Did you want me to try to make a banner for the black themes? I can give it a go on paint.net, sure. I would need some RLG clip art and dimensions to start with. Also, would need to know what file type you'd need.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

I do not have any RLG art. The banner in multi-design was made as I went. I gathered the logos from the web. I can send them to you if you want to make the same kind of banner. I can check the font for the typeface as well.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Sure, send me what you got. The worst that could happen is I don't get anywhere with it. Maybe I can cobble something together.