Photo from Kodiak

Members, families, kids, pets, etc.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Photo from Kodiak

Post by Softball » 11 Jul 2003, 22:21

Kodiak asked me to post a pic for him, so here you go...

(Click on the picture)

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK » 12 Jul 2003, 19:27

Man,
I really wish I WAS the guy who drove that bird, it would be a lifetime dream for sure!
I'm an Armoured Systems Engineer (Computer Control Electronics Technician) with the British Army. We took a Professional Development trip to Cold Lake Air Base at the invite of the Warrant Officers' & Sgts' Mess of 4 Wing, and were given the walkabout by 410 Sqn. The guys gave us the lowdown on what it's all about from an AirForce point of view. It was a lot of fun, I can tell you especially given my interest in aviation.
At the end of it all, there were free rides on a Grifon heli, Hawk sim & F-18 sim - two lucky guys got to backseat an CF-18 Dual, and go the full 9 yards with hands-on. I was green with envy I can tell you, but I will be trying to put togethere a small trip back to 410 Sqn, to get the chance of a backseat ride myself. I also bu8mped into someone there who does the Falcon4.0 thing - I think his handle is Manchuka or something along those lines, anyway he does the Frugal'sWorld thing and I am gonna get in-touch with him again - maybe jack-up some sim time too.
Well the bird you see behind you is the West Coast demonstration Hornet inspired by the Tiger Meet of the Americas 2003, a CF-18 from 410 Sqn @ Cold Lake AB, flown by Capt Travis "BRASS" Brassington who I had the pleasure of bumping into briefly during the visit.
More details of the aircraft can be found in the July-August issue of "Aviator" magazine, where it is the front cover feature!!
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK » 12 Jul 2003, 22:48

Man,
Those are awesome pics! Thanx for the link - will be d/l'ing them when I have five mins. :)
It is not the technique that wins a fight, but the more furious mind - Kodiak WOF

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05