Further Modding?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Further Modding?

Post by KODIAK » 16 May 2005, 08:33

Are there any other mods to discuss at the moment, apart from UT2004?
What about a team filter mod of some sort for OFP? Can we have a set of weapons and ancills available to us by default for any mission or mission set we play? You know maybe set-up for us to select in-game from the equipment / ammo boxes. We all have our own particular favourite kit selections, just the way we did in GR.
You could always ignore this post too, seeing as I am simply doing this to increase my post count on the forums. . . . . . . as alledged by another member of this group. :shock: :lol:

Gator

Post by Gator » 16 May 2005, 09:18

I posted in the OFP area months ago what people need to do to make the kits available when they create missions - it's pretty simple. If you have 3rd party missions, send them to me and I'll mod them if I'm able. I don't know of a way to make it independent of the mission ...
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK » 16 May 2005, 14:45

maybe the best idea is to simply state weapons of preference then, for you to include in the missions we play before we get online to play them? Am afraid I don't have any 3rd party missions for OFP, I'm not offay with mission making for OFP mate, sorry.

Gator

Post by Gator » 16 May 2005, 15:17

No problem. I know I've tried to mod some of the missions Panzer downloaded to make sure they had respawns and other weps. It's not always possible to fic them to our desires, but I'm always willing to try.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK » 16 May 2005, 16:29

Thanx Bri. So all you out there still interested in OFP, let's be having a list of your favourite weapons set-ups please including weapon sights if they're your pref - they most certainly are mine. And given the ability of the AI to blow you away from such a crazy distance with a bloody AK-47 and iron sights. So don't think you're getting an unfair advantage using a multiplier sight.
Bri, would it be possible to set-up a few missions where we can all choose certain weapons groups in a simple manner and get an idea what suits us with each type of weapon - sniper rifles, assault weapons, support weapons and make provision for sighting systems to be available on each weapon for testing. The mission may need to be of a nature for us to concentrate more on the weapon than the enemy, but we will still need a reasonable amount of targetry. Can you do something like that?