RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Fri 24 Nov, 2017 9:43 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Still interested in Dangerous Waters?
PostPosted: Wed 05 Apr, 2006 3:40 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Jedi, Letterboy and I played a great 2 hour mission last night. We wouldn't mind having some more eager players join us. There is plenty of room!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05 Apr, 2006 3:50 pm 

It's more a case of whether I can be bothered with it at the mo, Panz. Just lacking interest even though I DO like the game. Just can't seem to figure out the damn sonar at all! :? :shock: Keep me posted how you guys are getting on with it though.

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06 Apr, 2006 10:50 am 
 WWW  Profile

Just let the autocrew do it. They're pretty good, just a little slow and sometimes they ID a little off, but it's usually sufficient.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 06 Apr, 2006 12:18 pm 
 WWW  Profile

KODIAK wrote:
It's more a case of whether I can be bothered with it at the mo, Panz. Just lacking interest even though I DO like the game. Just can't seem to figure out the damn sonar at all! :? :shock: Keep me posted how you guys are getting on with it though.

Just like Jedi said, just use the autocrew for your sonar and then watch the AI and see how they do it. Jedi and Letterboy both use autocrew for their sonar and they manage just fine! :wink:

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07 Apr, 2006 7:16 am 

Interesting you should say the Autocrew do a good job with Sonar. For me, the sonar is pretty much the whole game, after a fashion. NOT doing a large part of it at least by myself, just says to me, no point in playing. You guys obviously feel there's more to this game than 'just the sonar'. Maybe I'll have a go again, we'll see.

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07 Apr, 2006 12:45 pm 
 WWW  Profile

While it is a major part of the game, and I do go in there and watch what's happening, with my limited time I play as "Captain."
I'm the O-6, I give the orders, I make the strategies, I determine what gets fired at whom and when.
If I ever have LOTS of time (read: win lotto, out of work for medical reasons ;), laid off, etc), then I'll learn things like blade count and narrowband analysis at a speed that won't get me killed! :D In the meantime, my crew can do that.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07 Apr, 2006 12:48 pm 
 WWW  Profile

KODIAK wrote:
Interesting you should say the Autocrew do a good job with Sonar. For me, the sonar is pretty much the whole game, after a fashion. NOT doing a large part of it at least by myself, just says to me, no point in playing. You guys obviously feel there's more to this game than 'just the sonar'. Maybe I'll have a go again, we'll see.

If I may be so bold, I think that you are just allowing yourself to be intimidated by the game when that should not be the case. The only real way you will ever learn the game is to use autocrew and watch what the AI does while you play a mission. I guarantee you that if you follow that approach, you will learn the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 07 Apr, 2006 2:18 pm 

Well, maybe I'll take it back out again. But give me all the simple missions like: You are at A, go to B. :lol: :wink: