Global Conflict Blue

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

Global Conflict Blue

Post by Softball » 16 Nov 2007, 01:11

"Global Conflict Blue is a real-time 3D naval and air warfare simulation game similar to Fleet Command and Harpoon. The goal is a scalable single player and multiplayer game that can handle scenarios ranging from simple engagements playable in 30 minutes to massive campaigns contested over weeks. "

Anyone ever heard of this?

http://gcblue.com/wiki/index.php/Main_Page

Looks like there's a sequel being worked on as well:
http://gcblue.com/wiki/index.php/GCB2

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Softball

Post by Softball » 17 Nov 2007, 01:50

*bump*

This doesn't interest anyone? I DLed this (it's free) and from my first few minutes of messing with it, looks like it might be pretty decent. Going to investigate more when I get the time.

Gator

Post by Gator » 17 Nov 2007, 08:53

It is interesting to me, but I'm not currently interested in it. If that makes any sense.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 17 Nov 2007, 10:08

I feel exactly the same way as Gator. Just way too many games right now for me and not enough time to play them all.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Gator

Post by Gator » 17 Nov 2007, 13:02

I was actually trying to figure out how to get the source code - I'd love to try to use it at work. One part of my job is doing data replay animations of aircraft and ships and it would have been a great tool, however it's not truly open source (as they allege) -- the graphics engine is licensed and they have not released the source code. So, I'm not exactly sure what their definition of "open source" is.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Softball

Post by Softball » 17 Nov 2007, 13:13

Yes, I completely understand about too many games. Lol. I guess I was just expecting some kind of response. You can't beat free you know.

I played through the Tutorials last night. It's a lot like Fleet Command, Dangerous Waters, Harpoon 3, etc.. I have to read the PDF manual, but I would say for what it is, GCB is a decent simulation. I really wanted to get into Dangerous Waters but I never had the chance to read the novel of a manual. Maybe this will inspire me to get back into it? Who knows.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 17 Nov 2007, 17:57

I will be checking this out for sure...just need to find the time.

next version looks good as well.
Helmut

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master » 21 Nov 2007, 17:38

Wow, it's only 47MB??

I used to play a lot of Harpoon 1 and 2, as well as Carriers at War (which has been rereleased). All I have right now is DW, and I play it from time to time.
The Jedi Master