RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Sat 23 Sep, 2017 2:58 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: Dangerous Waters - "Romeo"
PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 2:50 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I mentioned in the other thread that I played through the Romeo demo mission. I had a few nagging issues that I didn't bring up there.

The sim is supposed to model the MH-60R helicopter. The sim allows you to process 4 sonobouys at one time. The real helo allows 8. I found myself seriously juggling which sonobouys I was monitoring and I would not have had this problem if I could monitor 8 at one time. Also, I used the MAD gear to nail my target location in the sim. The MAD is only on the current SH-60B and will not be carried by the MH-60R. I'm not sure why they deleted this off the Romeo platform (my "Bravo" pilot friends don't know why either). Also, the Romeo is supposed to have a door-mounted 7.62 MG ... I want my machine gun!

So, in order to play realistically, you must not use the MAD ... in fact, deploy it at the beginning of the mission and shear it off for good measure! Also, you must be more efficient at juggling the sonobouys and monitor 8 at a time.

Quote:
One of the most important changes is that the SH-60B model only has ability to use four directional sonobuoys. The SH-60R will have eight available. The new Airborne Low Frequency Sonar (ALFS) system is a real improvement over the existing dipping sonar system. It provides greater capability and concurrent ALFS and Sonobuoy processing. The upgraded processor (UYS-2) offers colorized GRAM displays vice the SH-60B's UYS-1 monochrome Automatic Line Integration (ALI) only.

I'll just tell myself that I'm really playing as an slightly modified (glass cockpit) SH-60B ...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 22 Feb, 2005 6:57 pm 

more bummer - i wonder what is up with that?