RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Fri 17 Nov, 2017 12:26 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: DW - Practice
PostPosted: Thu 10 Mar, 2005 1:13 pm 

Well, as many can appreciate, this is a tough cookie to get to grips with, and doesn't always yield the expected results you hope to find. I'm finding it quite difficult to get started properly with this, so anyone who is interested in getting some practice in at any time when others are busy doing something else, please feel free to suggest some DW practice time. 8)

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 10 Mar, 2005 6:57 pm 

As a suggestion only at this time i vote for Monday nights as a DW night for practice and play (once we all know what were doing aof course).

Obviously any off the cuff OL practice can be arranged if people are available to do so, but if we get a definite night set all those tha have DW can get together and make it a bit more fun.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 2:23 am 
Okay, as I mentioned to Nemisis during practice this morning, I have made an effort to test-out the speech command control in DW. It will take you approximately 5 - 10 minutes to complete the data analysis of your voice, all you need to do is read a brief paragraph in a normal voice, and the computer does the rest for you. Go into the game and activate in the game menu options (but not for 'always on' mode) and then use the 'w' key to activate just like you would for chatting in Ventrilo.
I chose a mission which I knew could put me on the spot if I was too brash with my initial attack, and began my experiment. Most 9/10 commands were good, and I only had two problems which were eliminated by changing the tone of my voice and simply trying to speak more clearly. I was pressured by the target vessel, and was forced to use the voice commands to get an almost immediate reaction instead of searching for the command in the drop-down menu, it is definitely faster reacting. And I personally found it left me more time to think about my next move, followed by another voice command. It seems to work very well IMHO, why don't you all give it a try. I don't think you'll find the 10 minutes a waste of time.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 6:14 am 

Well i might just test this out although i am wary of taking advice from unregistered members of WOF that don't go to the trouble of signing up on the forums.

But as stated i think i will take your advice anyway Mr mystery Guest.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 6:16 am 
 WWW  Profile

what about those guys who double post? I'm pretty wary of them!

-B

Post subject:
PostPosted: Tue 15 Mar, 2005 4:03 pm 

Well, being wary would tend to indicate that you are aware generally. However, to do your duty for your country I would like to suggest being alert - the Army needs lerts! And in my last 20 years, I have never seen a ware in th Armed Forces. :lol: :lol: