RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Thu 23 Nov, 2017 12:45 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: New COOP missions
PostPosted: Tue 04 Oct, 2005 2:22 pm 
 WWW  Profile

I downloaded a bunch of new COOP missions for Dangerous Waters tonight. Some of them have a good mix of playable subs and OH Perry's as well as some helos. Any chance of Kodiak trying Dangerous Waters one more time? :D

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2005 7:50 am 

Not installed right now mate, but if I get it done, then all that remains is for me to stay awake long enough. LOL!

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 05 Oct, 2005 2:07 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Haven't done nearly enough DW methinks. I still use 100% autocrew, with the "I'm the captain and command the boat, I don't turn the dials" style of play since I've had so little time with it.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 1:38 pm 

Have to admit, that should I get this back on my hard drive, I am unlikley to progress much further than that myself. I DID actually intend to get stuck-in to the sonar side, but feel that although it appears simple enough to operate, the instructions don't seem to produce the results I expect. And so I am left somewhat frustrated - wishing to advance in the game and being foiled by inability to grasp the sonar concept of operation.
This also happened in Falcon4, but eventually I worked it all out - not so with DW. :?

You are stuck on stupid. I'm not going to answer that question! - Gen Honore, New Orleans Sep 05

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 7:02 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Like so many other things, it's all about the time you are able and willing to devote to it.

I have all week off, don't go back to work until the 17th, so I just might be able to do some solo DW for once!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 08 Oct, 2005 8:51 pm 
 WWW  Profile

The real deal with Dangerous Waters is that it is NOT a game for "casual" or "occasional" players. If you want to get anything out of this game, it will require lots of hours of learning all the different systems and weapons. I have played a lot of DW so far but I still use auto-crew for TMA just because TMA is very complicated and time-consuming. The best and perhaps most efficient way to learn DW is to start off with your auto-crew handling everything and then you observe what the AI does. As you learn the game little by little, I would suggest turning off the auto-crew one by one as you master each aspect. And then of course you repeat that same procedure when you move on to the next platform.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sun 09 Oct, 2005 10:11 am 

Quote:
The best and perhaps most efficient way to learn DW is to start off with your auto-crew handling everything and then you observe what the AI does

Yeah, but doesn't the control of that station become temporarily manual whilst you are in that particular station.?