D&D Online?

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

D&D Online?

Post by Hammer » 15 Aug 2009, 18:46

Ghost brought this up last night. they no longer charge for playing, but you still have to buy the game. anyone ever try it? like it? can the instance remain private to the party?
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter » 15 Aug 2009, 23:07

It got mediocre reviews. I'd rather play NWN personally. I know I haven't been around much though, so you guys should do what you want.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Grifter404/f16003sig.jpg[/img]
It's a good day to fly and any day you can fly is a good day.

Tach Deneva

Post by Tach Deneva » 26 Aug 2009, 13:40

Turbine sues Atari over DDO.

"Even as Turbine prepares to relaunch their Dungeons and Dragons Online game as a free-to-play MMO next month, the developer is now in a big legal battle with D&D game franchise holder Atari. Courthouse News has gotten access to a lawsuit filed by Turbine on August 24, claiming Atari breached its contract with Turbine over the D&D Online game.

"In the lawsuit, Turbine claims that back in 2006, Atari "had failed to meet its publishing and distribution obligations under the License Agreement" to release the game in North America. Turbine claims it stepped up and handled the North American publishing and distribution of the game itself to protect its investment in the development of the game which it claims was worth $20 million. The lawsuit claims Atari insisted on keeping its publishing rights for the game in Europe."

Mo Mo Mo
"Shoo! Shoo! Go away! Oh God, he's got a monkey." -- Ms Purple

Softball

Post by Softball » 26 Aug 2009, 17:03

I think I will give a look see when it is available. I have the original MMO release, but my account is inactive. I would have continued to play it if I could play with friends. I didn't know anyone else that was playing DDO, and it was nearly impossible to complete quests solo, so I quit playing.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist