NWN SoU

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hades

NWN SoU

Post by Hades » 20 Jun 2003, 16:41

Hi.
i heard that SoU is released in USA, here in sweden i have to wait until the 27th for it, anyone of you tried it yet? if so what do you think about it? good,bad??
"The greatest failures of them all is the failure to try"
Ed Bugarin Delta force

Softball

NWN SoU

Post by Softball » 20 Jun 2003, 17:42

I have it, I LOVE it, I am still playing it. It adds quite a bit to the original game (new spells, classes, skills, feats, monsters, tilesets, etc...). My wife and I have been playing it every night since it was released here in the USA (June 18th, 2003). Very good expansion pack. You are welcome to join in sometime if you are online when we are. My NWN name is LORD STARK, and my wife's online name is FENIA. Of course you will have to wait until it's available in Europe. If you liked NWN and still play it, I highly recommend NWN:SoU.

There will be a 2nd expansion as well, called NWN: Shadows of the Darkside. I am assuming that SOTD will pertain to the EVIL side of the realm from the name of it. :twisted:
Last edited by Softball on 05 Jul 2003, 22:29, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Hades

Hi

Post by Hades » 21 Jun 2003, 12:42

Softball that would be fun to play some Sou toghter, i havent played NWN online yet so its gonna be anew experience.

I thought the second expension was Hordes of the underdark? maybe its the third i dont know.

Btw will there be any problem if i join and i start a new mp character while you guys have amutch higher level? or can you import your singelplayer charcter to a mp game? i would like to keep my Paladin from the original NWN.

Friday SoU will be released in Sweden and i will buy it, its gonna be along week:)
Ed Bugarin Delta force

Softball

Your character and MP

Post by Softball » 03 Jul 2003, 22:41

Yes, you can import your SP character to a MP game. The server just has to allow local characters in the server settings. Playing MP is identical to playing SP, just that you have more human players. Also, when you have more players, most of the time the game has higher level or more monsters attack you so that it's an even fight. I like how it balances out the game like that. I also have a Paladin from the original NWN, he's at 20th level (Maxxed out), and can hold his own. I have more or less retired him from playing, he can pretty much kill anything he runs into. I have killed a Dragon in about 4 or 5 hits, not bad eh?

We are at about 7th level with our characters and deep into Chapter 2 of SoU. I have a Fighter/Rouge who uses a Longbow. I am planning on becoming an Assassin when my attributes are high enough.

Well, hope to catch you online sometime, ICQ me or post a message here on when the best time for you would be. You are 8 or 9 hours ahead of me, so we should plan accordingly.

See ya.
Last edited by Softball on 05 Jul 2003, 22:30, edited 1 time in total.

Hades

Hi

Post by Hades » 04 Jul 2003, 04:19

Hi softball.
I been trying out some mp games but sofar no luck to find good teamplayers so its gonne be great to intreduce Hades Fensbane to Lord Stark and Fenia. btw stark means strong in swedish just so you know

I got SOU but i havent played so mutch computer latly but soon i have come to the place when the caravan halts in the desert and im to look for the guide i just begun that chapter, and i think im level 4 paladin (always plays as paladin :) started in baldursgate 1) i dont think i will be able to play untill sunday this week but after that i got alot of time in my hands.

Btw hows your Necron army goin in WH40k? you got any pictures? i just finished painting a Rhino for my Space marines Crimson fists.
Ed Bugarin Delta force

Softball

My Necron Army

Post by Softball » 05 Jul 2003, 22:22

I have about 100 pieces put together, 70 painted and 30 unpainted. When I get the time I will dig them out and snap some pics for ya. I also have a Necron Monolith (painted), I will take a photo of that too. I have not played ANY Warhammer 40k, as I am still putting together my army and then hopefully build a small portable battle ground to play on. I have to read the rulebook and then the Necron rulebook before I can start playing anyway, I am a total Warhammer Rookie.

Lord Stark comes from a character in a book called "A GAME OF THRONES". Lord Stark is the name of a King of one of the territories in the book, who is wrongly slain and his children (heirs) fight to save his name and his kindom. This has to be one of the BEST fantasy based stories I have ever read. There is also a 2nd book in the series called "A CLASH OF KINGS", which I have but have not read it yet. It has been so long since the 2nd book came out, there might even be a 3rd one now. I'll have to check.

I will look for you online Sunday and next week. I will have to add you to my ICQ list, as I don't think your on my list. My ICQ# is 3834008, add me to your list as well.

See ya soon.

Hades

hi

Post by Hades » 11 Jul 2003, 20:19

Hi.
i havent been online for a while but im back now and i added you on my icq.

how many points is your army? over here we play with 1500 points for a normal army,

another good fantasy books series is the one that robert jordan has writen its really good.

got to go but i hope to see you soon bro,
Ed Bugarin Delta force