It is currently Sun 24 Sep, 2017 9:23 pm

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post subject: wings over isrial
PostPosted: Tue 26 Aug, 2008 3:47 pm 

http://pc.ign.com/articles/897/897933p2.html

looks interesting, review 8/10

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 27 Aug, 2008 9:08 pm 

does not look like they fixed MP, and they probably will not. only that instant action mode probably. ah well. if you like SP these games are pretty good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Wed 27 Aug, 2008 10:06 pm 

not really, not the kind of guy who like to play by himself in the basement PDT_Armataz_01_12

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 12:36 am 

OMG, a Steel sighting! Hey Steel, long time no see. How's things?

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 5:33 am 
 WWW  Profile

Jedi and I have had Wings over ISRAEL for a while now and the multiplayer is fun but very limited. You are limited to doing "instant action" cooperative missions where you can attack both air and ground targets. Anyway, I dont see the WOF group being interested even if the MP was good.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 11:22 am 

Quote:
Anyway, I dont see the WOF group being interested even if the MP was good.

Is that so? Please enlighten me with your interpretation of this comment...

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 28 Aug, 2008 8:05 pm 

if they had mission or campaign based coop i think this group would be all over it. graphics are generally good, and if you select max realism the flight and damage models in these games are very good. even if the electronics are dumbed down a bit it would still be more than acceptable.

the one time i did play a third wire game a bit was i think on the WoV engine with the community made Cuban campaign. it was excellent. too bad the guy can not get mission based coop into the game.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 29 Aug, 2008 5:14 am 
 WWW  Profile

Softball wrote:
Is that so? Please enlighten me with your interpretation of this comment...

If we hardly ever fly games with good MP support like Falcon 4, Lock On and IL-2, why would we fly WOI?

@ Steel - Good point about setting full realism in the TK sims. At full realism, his sims are almost as hardcore as Lock On. By no means are they "arcadey".

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 29 Aug, 2008 10:29 am 

Your comment labeling WOF members as disinterested in "good" MP sims doesn't fly with me (No pun intended). We have flown Falcon 4 and Janes F-18 for years in WOF (Even before your time), so we have had our share of "good" sims. I don't think it's a lack of interest, but more like this thing called Real Life and some people can't fly as much as they would like; or perhaps Falcon 4, LockOn and IL2 are getting "old" for some people? There is a point where even "good" MP games get somewhat boring after playing them for 5+ years.

I know I would like to fly more than I do, I just don't have the time with work and school. I'm sure this is the same for other WOF members. This isn't only an issue with flight sims, it's other MP games as well (Armed Assault, GRAW 2, R6 Vegas, etc..) You know we love those games, but I honestly think we haven't been playing them because of the lack of time, or simply the fact that it's Summer.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 29 Aug, 2008 11:05 am 
 WWW  Profile

Softball wrote:
I don't think it's a lack of interest, but more like this thing called Real Life and some people can't fly as much as they would like; or perhaps Falcon 4, LockOn and IL2 are getting "old" for some people? There is a point where even "good" MP games get somewhat boring after playing them for 5+ years.

If people in WOF have gotten tired of the MP in LOMAC, Falcon 4 and IL-2, I really haven't heard any comments to that effect. And that was somewhat reflected in Grifters post a few weeks ago about gaming preferences that didn't really get too many responses. And yes, I do realize that most people in WOF dont fly as much anymore because of the time issue but the point I was trying to make is why would that all of the sudden change if Wings over Israel had an MP mode that people liked? In other words, whether WOI has a good MP mode or not is a bit irrelevant now considering the time issue that you mentioned.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 04 Sep, 2008 5:32 pm 
 WWW  Profile

New (2nd) patch out today for WOI. Word is it improves AI quite a bit.

Well, I can see how a new sim might provide an incentive for people to try harder to show up for flying, but as mentioned the limited nature of TK's sims' MP is not likely to provide that.
Right now the Holy Triad of Il-2, LOMAC, and F4 is the only group that provides the kind of MP we seem to get interest for. It's a sad fact that these are the main flight sims flown in the online community for over 5 years solely because there haven't been any others to challenge them.
Same thing with the Clancy games. We never had a true successor to GR1 or Raven Shield, although we gave GRAW1 a fair try. GRAW2 saw far less action and none of the R6 games went anywhere (although Panzer and I played R6 Vegas 1).

I don't know if our group will embrace Black Shark or not (whenever it arrives) because of its narrow focus, and Storm of War is still VERY far out although I expect to see it given at least a fair try here.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 09 Oct, 2008 1:29 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Softball wrote:
Your comment labeling WOF members as disinterested in "good" MP sims doesn't fly with me (No pun intended). We have flown Falcon 4 and Janes F-18 for years in WOF (Even before your time), so we have had our share of "good" sims. I don't think it's a lack of interest, but more like this thing called Real Life and some people can't fly as much as they would like; or perhaps Falcon 4, LockOn and IL2 are getting "old" for some people? There is a point where even "good" MP games get somewhat boring after playing them for 5+ years.

I know I would like to fly more than I do, I just don't have the time with work and school. I'm sure this is the same for other WOF members. This isn't only an issue with flight sims, it's other MP games as well (Armed Assault, GRAW 2, R6 Vegas, etc..) You know we love those games, but I honestly think we haven't been playing them because of the lack of time, or simply the fact that it's Summer.

MAVERICK!!!!!

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!