Campaign & TE Editing

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

KODIAK

Campaign & TE Editing

Post by KODIAK » 31 Dec 2004, 20:48

For those of us who are foolish enough to mess around with such things as TEs & Campaign content, I thought I'd post a link to TacEdit v2.46, which is also compatible to FF3:

http://homepage.ntlworld.com/dan.king2/Falcon4/tacedit.v2.46.zip 8)

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK » 31 Dec 2004, 21:24

And here is the link to a thread where I originally asked about inserting Typhoons in a campaign or TE. In the thread is a link to a very decent "How To" for that sort of thing:

http://forums.frugalsworld.com/vbb/showthread.php?t=81063

KODIAK

Post by KODIAK » 31 Jan 2005, 00:01

And finally, if anyone would like me to do that for them - insert a squadron of aircraft of their choice, or replace a squadron of aircraft for one of their own choice, then let me know. If it's a campaign file I will no doubt have it already, so I will only have to send it to you modified. If, however, it's a TE then you may need to e-mail it to me for modding.
We are only talking aircraft here guys, as I am trying to get some practice in doing exactly that, and thought it would be potentially of benefit to others, who may wish to try something like that.
I am currently running an Iron Fortress campaign, with a squadron of Typhoons (EF-2K-UK) located at Sachon AB. And sometimes you can find yourself trying to land, but with the added pressure of an enemy MiG-29 chasing you down, or your airfield has just been bombed, with nowhere to land, and so on. The action is closer in the Iron Fortress, which adds a bit more excitement IMHO.
I have tested-out several aircraft in SPv4.2, that I now know will 'work' without problems:

EF-2K-UK
F-16D Blk52
SR-71
B-1B
F/A-22
Tornado IDS U, ADV
C-130, C-130U
F-14D
F/A-18E, F

Some of the above have cockpits available - 2D & 3D, it was suggested to me that I should try the F-16 Blk 60 2D cockpit for the Typhoon, and someone has done a decent 3D pit. If you want them let me know and I will get the file sent to you. There is also a decent Rafale cockpit coming soon, which has also been recommended as a substitute for the Typhoon.
The F-117A, B-2A I have tried to test but AFAIK they only generate missions for night usage of these aircraft, so didn't get the chance to get one up in the air. Finally, althopugh I have attempted several times to insert a helicopter squadron; CH-47, AH-1, UH-60L, AH-64A/D - I have been unable to get them to appear on opening the campaign. Further to that, I have also successfully inserted an MV-22 squadron, but did not see any mission generation for that either. I have also successfully inserted an E-2C onto the carrier group, but not flown any missions or seen any generated yet. And the same goes for the OV-10 Bronco.