RLGaming.com

RLGaming's Forums
It is currently Tue 26 Sep, 2017 5:39 am

All times are UTC - 8 hours [ DST ]

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next
 Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:51 am 
 WWW  Profile

Well, you are obviously not interested in Falcon 4 so maybe this sim will get you back into the genre?[/quote]

I'm not interested in Falcon 4 either, it has outlived its usefullness.

DA

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 10:56 am 
 WWW  Profile

daofcmacg wrote:
I'm not interested in Falcon 4 either, it has outlived its usefullness.

DA

No other flight sim out there has a dynamic campaign like Falcon 4 and its my firm belief that no future flight sim will.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 10 Oct, 2008 3:12 pm 

I've tried to be diplomatic about this subject, but now I'm just going to say my peace. If you don't like Falcon 4 then real simming probably isn't for you. The only sims that I've seen that come close to Falcon 4 in terms of realism is Janes F15 and 18. Even IL2, a more contemporary sim, pales in comparison when it comes to realism. Although the engine management system, which we don't use, is supposedly very realistic? The only thing more real, so far as I know, is the Microsoft civilian sims, but of course, they are not combat sims so there you are. If your complaint is that the graphics are old, then you're more concerned about eye candy than you are realism. If you're concerned about network protocols, yes F4 is old, but it is more stable than it ever has been in its history. I admit it is difficult to connect at times but well worth it. If your concern is that it's too hard, then you're too lazy to practice and/or RTM...or it's a combination of aforementioned. Bottom line, you're looking for a "lighter" sim--I use the term sim loosely here as games like LOMAC are really video games with Sim-like qualities in my opinion. F4 is still plenty useful to those of us who actually want to play a real sim and get as close to the cockpit as we can given that we don't have the luxury of strapping on real combat jets. It is simply the most versatile and realistic flight sim on the market today, and that's ---what?---fifteen years after it was first published by Microprose?

The market for real flight sims has really fallen out, and so this is what we're left with for now. So don't play if you don't want to. I fly it alone at my leisure now simply because it was hard to meet on nights when we weren't playing one of our other games. OH well.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:45 am 
 WWW  Profile

Grifter wrote:
I've tried to be diplomatic about this subject, but now I'm just going to say my peace. If you don't like Falcon 4 then real simming probably isn't for you. The only sims that I've seen that come close to Falcon 4 in terms of realism is Janes F15 and 18. Even IL2, a more contemporary sim, pales in comparison when it comes to realism. Although the engine management system, which we don't use, is supposedly very realistic? The only thing more real, so far as I know, is the Microsoft civilian sims, but of course, they are not combat sims so there you are. If your complaint is that the graphics are old, then you're more concerned about eye candy than you are realism. If you're concerned about network protocols, yes F4 is old, but it is more stable than it ever has been in its history. I admit it is difficult to connect at times but well worth it. If your concern is that it's too hard, then you're too lazy to practice and/or RTM...or it's a combination of aforementioned. Bottom line, you're looking for a "lighter" sim--I use the term sim loosely here as games like LOMAC are really video games with Sim-like qualities in my opinion. F4 is still plenty useful to those of us who actually want to play a real sim and get as close to the cockpit as we can given that we don't have the luxury of strapping on real combat jets. It is simply the most versatile and realistic flight sim on the market today, and that's ---what?---fifteen years after it was first published by Microprose?

The market for real flight sims has really fallen out, and so this is what we're left with for now. So don't play if you don't want to. I fly it alone at my leisure now simply because it was hard to meet on nights when we weren't playing one of our other games. OH well.

Thats a MAVERICK if I never met one!!!!

LoLoLoLoL PDT_Armataz_01_12 PDT_Armataz_01_14

But seriously, I want to fly other aircraft, I am so tired of the F-16 please give me just one more, just one.

DA

MAVERICK!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:50 am 

not that I don't like realisum but falcon 4 just don;t take to me at all. It don't say play me. LOMAC and il2 for some reason ask me to play them so to speak, falcon just don't do it for me, its not the realisum. Hell maybe it because I am not a big fan of the f16.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct, 2008 11:02 am 
 WWW  Profile

IS THERE A MOD OUT THERE FOR F4-ALLIED FORCES???? If so I will fly the damn thing but I don't want to fly the F-16 anymore!

DA

MAVERICK!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct, 2008 12:26 pm 
 WWW  Profile

daofcmacg wrote:
IS THERE A MOD OUT THERE FOR F4-ALLIED FORCES???? If so I will fly the damn thing but I don't want to fly the F-16 anymore!

DA

Did you have too much coffee today DA? lol

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct, 2008 1:21 pm 

Again, this is why I play Falcon pretty much alone unless Jedi and Panzer feel like flying. No there is no mod. If there is, I'm not interested. Again, if F4AF isn't your thing then it simply isn't. But it's a damned shame because even with Fighter Ops comes out, it simply will not be as realistic as F4AF.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Mon 13 Oct, 2008 10:14 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Damn Grif you are hurting bad aren't you. Which one of these SIMMS got your hopes up so high and brought you crashing down? Really man its going to be ok, F4AF is done it just dosen't know it yet.

DA

MAVERICK!!!!

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct, 2008 1:07 pm 

Guess that depends on the player DA. I haven't seen anything that tops it yet, so I guess I'll keep flying it over other simms.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct, 2008 1:20 pm 
 WWW  Profile

Man, you guys argue like an old married couple. LOL

Post subject:
PostPosted: Thu 16 Oct, 2008 2:33 pm 

Grif, Its not that I dont like F4, its that I prefer sims that are based on guns and props not radar and sidwinders. Its not a "realistic" issue, its having to manage all the systems. Even when I fly FSX, I fly warbirds or vintage prop planes. Hell I have LOMAC/FC but for the life of me I cant even get the engines started on the A10.....

Like I said its a comfort level thing for me.

YMMV

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:32 am 

And for you that may be the case Buff. For others...well let's just say I'm unconvinced that's their issue. That's fine. I'll continue to fly it when I can since I can't get most people here to commit to it on a regular basis.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:43 am 
 WWW  Profile

I'll fly Falcon 4 with you whenever you want Grifter!

I used to think that the flight sim market was being killed off by all the teenage kids buying consoles but I've come to find out from SimHQ that quite a LOT of people who used to play flight sims have given that up for consoles.

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2008 11:57 am 

If had the time, I would fly F4AF a lot more. I am simply not able to make it online when most of you are on. Work + School + RL = no prime time gaming for me. After October is over, I should have a little more breathing room. *fingers crossed*

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Post subject:
PostPosted: Fri 17 Oct, 2008 1:55 pm 

I would kill for a Korean War sim like Mig Ally that works with modern PC's...I have the old Mig Ally but cant get it to even run in XP

Post subject:
PostPosted: Sat 18 Oct, 2008 7:58 pm 
 WWW  Profile

That's the nice thing about the Thirdwire sims. There are mods out there for almost every plane between Korea and now (almost).
In fact, I think the F-101 was released this week.

Post subject: Re: Fighter Ops (New Sim Coming)
PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2010 3:14 pm 
 WWW  Profile

HOLY CRAP!!!!!

Its been five years since Softball put this thread up and still nothing. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!

A PISSED OFF
DA

MAVERICK!!!!

PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2010 4:03 pm 

It's been 3 years since you've gamed with us, I'd say that makes everything even. :P

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

PostPosted: Wed 03 Nov, 2010 4:14 pm 
 WWW  Profile

It's been 7 hours and 16 days....

Post new topic Reply to topic  [ 126 posts ]  Go to page Previous  1 ... 3, 4, 5, 6, 7  Next