Fighter Ops (New Sim Coming)

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

daofcmacg
Posts: 1546
Joined: 01 Jul 2002, 09:38
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by daofcmacg » 10 Oct 2008, 10:51

Well, you are obviously not interested in Falcon 4 so maybe this sim will get you back into the genre?[/quote]

I'm not interested in Falcon 4 either, it has outlived its usefullness.

DA
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

PanzerMeyer
Posts: 6821
Joined: 10 Feb 2004, 09:54
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by PanzerMeyer » 10 Oct 2008, 10:56

daofcmacg wrote: I'm not interested in Falcon 4 either, it has outlived its usefullness.

DA
No other flight sim out there has a dynamic campaign like Falcon 4 and its my firm belief that no future flight sim will.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Grifter
Posts: 3877
Joined: 30 Jun 2002, 07:02

Post by Grifter » 10 Oct 2008, 15:12

I've tried to be diplomatic about this subject, but now I'm just going to say my peace. If you don't like Falcon 4 then real simming probably isn't for you. The only sims that I've seen that come close to Falcon 4 in terms of realism is Janes F15 and 18. Even IL2, a more contemporary sim, pales in comparison when it comes to realism. Although the engine management system, which we don't use, is supposedly very realistic? The only thing more real, so far as I know, is the Microsoft civilian sims, but of course, they are not combat sims so there you are. If your complaint is that the graphics are old, then you're more concerned about eye candy than you are realism. If you're concerned about network protocols, yes F4 is old, but it is more stable than it ever has been in its history. I admit it is difficult to connect at times but well worth it. If your concern is that it's too hard, then you're too lazy to practice and/or RTM...or it's a combination of aforementioned. Bottom line, you're looking for a "lighter" sim--I use the term sim loosely here as games like LOMAC are really video games with Sim-like qualities in my opinion. F4 is still plenty useful to those of us who actually want to play a real sim and get as close to the cockpit as we can given that we don't have the luxury of strapping on real combat jets. It is simply the most versatile and realistic flight sim on the market today, and that's ---what?---fifteen years after it was first published by Microprose?

The market for real flight sims has really fallen out, and so this is what we're left with for now. So don't play if you don't want to. I fly it alone at my leisure now simply because it was hard to meet on nights when we weren't playing one of our other games. OH well.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Grifter404/f16003sig.jpg[/img]
It's a good day to fly and any day you can fly is a good day.

daofcmacg
Posts: 1546
Joined: 01 Jul 2002, 09:38
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by daofcmacg » 13 Oct 2008, 10:45

Grifter wrote:I've tried to be diplomatic about this subject, but now I'm just going to say my peace. If you don't like Falcon 4 then real simming probably isn't for you. The only sims that I've seen that come close to Falcon 4 in terms of realism is Janes F15 and 18. Even IL2, a more contemporary sim, pales in comparison when it comes to realism. Although the engine management system, which we don't use, is supposedly very realistic? The only thing more real, so far as I know, is the Microsoft civilian sims, but of course, they are not combat sims so there you are. If your complaint is that the graphics are old, then you're more concerned about eye candy than you are realism. If you're concerned about network protocols, yes F4 is old, but it is more stable than it ever has been in its history. I admit it is difficult to connect at times but well worth it. If your concern is that it's too hard, then you're too lazy to practice and/or RTM...or it's a combination of aforementioned. Bottom line, you're looking for a "lighter" sim--I use the term sim loosely here as games like LOMAC are really video games with Sim-like qualities in my opinion. F4 is still plenty useful to those of us who actually want to play a real sim and get as close to the cockpit as we can given that we don't have the luxury of strapping on real combat jets. It is simply the most versatile and realistic flight sim on the market today, and that's ---what?---fifteen years after it was first published by Microprose?

The market for real flight sims has really fallen out, and so this is what we're left with for now. So don't play if you don't want to. I fly it alone at my leisure now simply because it was hard to meet on nights when we weren't playing one of our other games. OH well.
Thats a MAVERICK if I never met one!!!!

LoLoLoLoL PDT_Armataz_01_12 PDT_Armataz_01_14

But seriously, I want to fly other aircraft, I am so tired of the F-16 please give me just one more, just one.

DA
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

VEGETA
Posts: 3637
Joined: 13 Mar 2002, 16:00
Location: Brampton, Ontario, Canada Eh

Post by VEGETA » 13 Oct 2008, 10:50

not that I don't like realisum but falcon 4 just don;t take to me at all. It don't say play me. LOMAC and il2 for some reason ask me to play them so to speak, falcon just don't do it for me, its not the realisum. Hell maybe it because I am not a big fan of the f16.

daofcmacg
Posts: 1546
Joined: 01 Jul 2002, 09:38
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by daofcmacg » 13 Oct 2008, 11:02

IS THERE A MOD OUT THERE FOR F4-ALLIED FORCES???? If so I will fly the damn thing but I don't want to fly the F-16 anymore!

DA
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

PanzerMeyer
Posts: 6821
Joined: 10 Feb 2004, 09:54
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by PanzerMeyer » 13 Oct 2008, 12:26

daofcmacg wrote:IS THERE A MOD OUT THERE FOR F4-ALLIED FORCES???? If so I will fly the damn thing but I don't want to fly the F-16 anymore!

DA
Did you have too much coffee today DA? lol
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Grifter
Posts: 3877
Joined: 30 Jun 2002, 07:02

Post by Grifter » 13 Oct 2008, 13:21

Again, this is why I play Falcon pretty much alone unless Jedi and Panzer feel like flying. No there is no mod. If there is, I'm not interested. Again, if F4AF isn't your thing then it simply isn't. But it's a damned shame because even with Fighter Ops comes out, it simply will not be as realistic as F4AF.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Grifter404/f16003sig.jpg[/img]
It's a good day to fly and any day you can fly is a good day.

daofcmacg
Posts: 1546
Joined: 01 Jul 2002, 09:38
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Post by daofcmacg » 13 Oct 2008, 22:14

Damn Grif you are hurting bad aren't you. Which one of these SIMMS got your hopes up so high and brought you crashing down? Really man its going to be ok, F4AF is done it just dosen't know it yet.

DA
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

Grifter
Posts: 3877
Joined: 30 Jun 2002, 07:02

Post by Grifter » 16 Oct 2008, 13:07

Guess that depends on the player DA. I haven't seen anything that tops it yet, so I guess I'll keep flying it over other simms.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Grifter404/f16003sig.jpg[/img]
It's a good day to fly and any day you can fly is a good day.

PanzerMeyer
Posts: 6821
Joined: 10 Feb 2004, 09:54
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by PanzerMeyer » 16 Oct 2008, 13:20

Man, you guys argue like an old married couple. LOL
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

User avatar
Buffalo Six
Posts: 2128
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 17:26
Location: Wichita KS

Post by Buffalo Six » 16 Oct 2008, 14:33

Grif, Its not that I dont like F4, its that I prefer sims that are based on guns and props not radar and sidwinders. Its not a "realistic" issue, its having to manage all the systems. Even when I fly FSX, I fly warbirds or vintage prop planes. Hell I have LOMAC/FC but for the life of me I cant even get the engines started on the A10.....

Like I said its a comfort level thing for me.

YMMV

Grifter
Posts: 3877
Joined: 30 Jun 2002, 07:02

Post by Grifter » 17 Oct 2008, 11:32

And for you that may be the case Buff. For others...well let's just say I'm unconvinced that's their issue. That's fine. I'll continue to fly it when I can since I can't get most people here to commit to it on a regular basis.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Grifter404/f16003sig.jpg[/img]
It's a good day to fly and any day you can fly is a good day.

PanzerMeyer
Posts: 6821
Joined: 10 Feb 2004, 09:54
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Post by PanzerMeyer » 17 Oct 2008, 11:43

I'll fly Falcon 4 with you whenever you want Grifter!

I used to think that the flight sim market was being killed off by all the teenage kids buying consoles but I've come to find out from SimHQ that quite a LOT of people who used to play flight sims have given that up for consoles.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Softball
Posts: 6064
Joined: 29 Jun 2002, 18:11
Location: San Diego, CA

Post by Softball » 17 Oct 2008, 11:57

If had the time, I would fly F4AF a lot more. I am simply not able to make it online when most of you are on. Work + School + RL = no prime time gaming for me. After October is over, I should have a little more breathing room. *fingers crossed*
Image

Image

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

User avatar
Buffalo Six
Posts: 2128
Joined: 11 Jul 2002, 17:26
Location: Wichita KS

Post by Buffalo Six » 17 Oct 2008, 13:55

I would kill for a Korean War sim like Mig Ally that works with modern PC's...I have the old Mig Ally but cant get it to even run in XP

Jedi Master
Posts: 2288
Joined: 11 Feb 2004, 15:32
Location: Melbourne, FL
Contact:

Post by Jedi Master » 18 Oct 2008, 19:58

That's the nice thing about the Thirdwire sims. There are mods out there for almost every plane between Korea and now (almost).
In fact, I think the F-101 was released this week.
The Jedi Master

daofcmacg
Posts: 1546
Joined: 01 Jul 2002, 09:38
Location: Chicago
Contact:

Re: Fighter Ops (New Sim Coming)

Post by daofcmacg » 03 Nov 2010, 15:14

HOLY CRAP!!!!!


Its been five years since Softball put this thread up and still nothing. WHAT THE HELL!!!!!!!!

A PISSED OFF
DA
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

Softball
Posts: 6064
Joined: 29 Jun 2002, 18:11
Location: San Diego, CA

Re: Fighter Ops (New Sim Coming)

Post by Softball » 03 Nov 2010, 16:03

It's been 3 years since you've gamed with us, I'd say that makes everything even. :P
Image

Image

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

PanzerMeyer
Posts: 6821
Joined: 10 Feb 2004, 09:54
Location: Miami, Florida
Contact:

Re: Fighter Ops (New Sim Coming)

Post by PanzerMeyer » 03 Nov 2010, 16:14

It's been 7 hours and 16 days....
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Post Reply