I am going to attempt an install tomorrow, and will let you all know what the result is, here on this thread:
Orig posted @ Frugal's by Penz:
OK then, here is my manual installation procedure for Balkans, adapted from Baldeagle's instructions (but this one gives the correct Balkans voices):
0. Install the balkans theater and the BOP update.
1. Copy \terrdata\Korea\Weather folder to the \terrdata\Balkans folder.
2. In the \terrdata\theaterdefinition folder, open balkans.tdf in Notepad and place a "#" (pound sign) in front of "objectdir", "misctexdir" and "3ddatadir" and Save.
3. Copy all the \Sounds subfolders to the \soundsBalkans folder.
4. Copy all the .WAW files in the \Sounds folder newer than October, 2003 to the \soundsBalkans folder.
5. Copy the "f4sndtbl.txt" in the \Sounds folder to the \soundsBalkans folder.
6. Copy \art\main\textids.id, icktxtrc.irc and sync.scf (seen as "sync" in Window Explorer) to the artBalkans\art\main folder.
7. Copy \campaign\Save\*.b to \campaign\Balkans folder.
8. Copy \campaign\Save\mpwcells.bin to \campaign\Balkans folder.
9. Copy \campaign\Save\*.db to \campaign\Balkans folder.
10. Copy \campaign\Save\validac.act and falcon4.aii files to \campaign\Balkans folder.
11. Copy \campaign\Save\teplanes.lst and teunits.lst to \campaign\Balkans folder.
12. Install Twaelti's "ol' krap" HiTiles in Balkans using the Guitigor1c installer.
13. Select the Balkans theater, go to Setup\Graphics\Advanced screen and click on the "Compress Textures" button. F4-BMS will compress the Balkans terrain tile textures. This process will take from 15 minutes to an hour. Maybe even more. Wait till the little window closes by itself. Otherwise you will be messing things up.
14. You can delete the \terrdata\objectsBalkans and \terrdata\misctexBalkans directories to conserve disk space if you want to. Your Balkans theater will be using the same 3D-objects as the Korea theater because of step 2.
BREAKING NEWS - HOT TIP (thank you Qaz!): You can get the powderkeg campaign to run if you edit the save2.tri file in campaign/balkans folder and remove the last #ENDIF from events 2, 3 and 11. Of course its not finished but it will run and be flyable.