Supercarrier, who has and does not have?

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Supercarrier, who has and does not have?

Post by Hammer »

I would like to know who has it and who does not have it. This helps me with mission editing as I know if I need to keep the old version carrier in missions along with the new supercarrier.

Also let me know if you don't need a carrier, like myself. I currently do not have it and have no aircraft that I fly that require a carrier (maybe SU-33 and Kuznetsov, but I have rarely done that).
Helmut

Grifter

Re: Supercarrier, who has and does not have?

Post by Grifter »

I have it. I NEED it. LOL

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

I have it. I couldn't pass it up for $25.

Be aware that Supercarrier comes with a new Kuz (and Arleigh Burke) with new features for the 33. It's not like the SC is, but you now have holdback chocks that pop up when you get in position and press U. Then you can throttle up and they let you go when at full thrust, as opposed to before where it would start you moving right before you got to full mil let alone AB.
The Jedi Master

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

actually i did not know that about the SU-33, that is a great add!
Helmut

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Yes, although it means again if you have people with the Su-33 but not SC, I think they only can use the old Kuz. That's now 5 carriers counting the Tarawa, and we have the Forrestal coming presumably for F-14 owners only.
The Jedi Master

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

There is some funky rule ED is implementing where you can land on the new Nimitz class and take off but you don't have the deck crew or something weird? I dunno. Not sure that applies to the Russian stuff in SC as well.