learning DCS

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Gator

learning DCS

Post by Gator »

I feel ya. As an aerospace engineer, sometimes DCS feels like "work." It's a little too close to what I do everyday. When that happens, I swing the pendulum the other way for wildly unrealistic escapism about a pandemic ... oh wait. nevermind. ;-)

I'm still reading the f-18 manual while sitting in the pit just trying to find all the switches. I can usually successfully startup, takeoff, fly around vegas a couple times and then mostly land. no where near being able to shoot at anything.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Grifter

Re: Division 2

Post by Grifter »

Manual?!!! Nah, man, you'll never get airborn with that phone book. If you want the real 411, watch Red Kite YouTube videos. Also, I'll happily log on with you and walk you through anything you want, including weapons deployment. ;-p. But, back on topic, you can give me tips on D1/D2 if I ever get around to it. It's nice to see the forum back to its former glory and we're putting the "band" back together as it were. Hell, even Madrus is floating around here somewhere. That's gotta be lucky somehow.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I agree with Grifter. The best way to learn the planes in DCS is to watch the Youtube videos while you are actually in the cockpit. The "hands on" approach I've found to be much more effective than the traditional academic "read the manual" approach. :-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

yes, but one helpful manual is Chuck's guides. But youtube videos are the way to go, and then back them up when you cannot sleep with the regular manuals.
Helmut

Grifter

Re: learning DCS

Post by Grifter »

I thought was the only one who slept with my F/A-18 manual.

Gator

Post by Gator »

by "manual" I meant all the learning resources. YouTube is definitely key.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Ah, I see. Not to say the actual manual isn't handy now and then, but still. Red Kite is my go-to.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

As the manual is a PDF or HTML file, sleeping with it is a matter of perspective.
The Jedi Master

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I printed mine out. (not really).