Important ED Forums page: Upcoming Update Announcements

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Grifter

Important ED Forums page: Upcoming Update Announcements

Post by Grifter »

BigNewy posts when there will be another update.

Hammer

Re: Important ED Forums page: Upcoming Update Announcements

Post by Hammer »

yes, they just changed the next update from 2 weeks from now to next week (week of June 8th) due to issues.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Well that can be good or bad. Hopefully they will fix the lighting issues.

Omega

Post by Omega »

Now planned for July 15th... Looks like it's going to be awhile.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Yes, apparently some major backlash has occurred over the last few "bad" OB updates, and as a result ED has resolved to have fewer updates and test them more with more in each one.

I can't say that's a bad idea. Not when the OB became the de facto standard due to so many early access products being ONLY in OB.
The Jedi Master

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

ED has made the right move. Putting out stable and reliable updates is much more important than pushing out an update every week "just because".
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Wipeout

Post by Wipeout »

FYI It looks like ED updated their Patch Status post in the past 24 hours and actually will be posting an OB hotfix today June 17th.. should be interesting to see what that hotfix resolves (lots of griping online about washed out MFDs) but hopefully it doesn’t nuke the usual Wednesday evening plans like last week LOL.. we’ll see!

Patch Status

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Beat me to it! Thanks Wipeout. I think BigNewy says that this hot fix just addresses some crashing behavior. So I don’t think it will address the lighting problems, which they may not even see as problems. Personally I do find the MFDs too washed out but they may not view it that way. The next real update is slated for July 15th.

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Next patch is supposed to come July 15th. See announcement here. Skimming through the June 17th changelogs, they say that they fixed the lighting in the F-14. @Bones can you verify that they've fixed the lighting. There is no mention of fixing the lighting issues in the game itself. Do they not consider that a bug?

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Generally, the sun glare on the forward panels making MFD's unreadable. Makes it incredibly hard, nearly impossible to see what you're doing. But, generally, the entire view is fairly washed out at certain points during the daytime as well.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

not to mention the dimness of HUDs now - although I think they have rectified it slightly.
Helmut

Bones

Post by Bones »

I can confirm that the lighting I complained about in the Tomcat is still bad (The super dim AOA Indexer especially). The HUD did not improve much either. Maybe the ACM panel did a bit.

I also see the Hornet's HUD had a little more sparkle to it but generally it was not that much more brighter.

v6,
boNes
"Also, I would prefer a back seater over the extra gas any day. I would have 80 pounds of flesh to eat and a pair of glasses to start a fire." --F/A-18 Hornet pilot

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm discussing this issue on Hoggit as well, hoping someone outside our group may have answers. No joy. I guess there's a visor the pilot can use in some planes? what?! Don't know if that works. Will look into it.