Will DCS end up being the final phase?

For the DCS World series of games.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Will DCS end up being the final phase?

Post by PanzerMeyer »

Of course we can never say "never" but I sometimes wonder if the DCS series will actually end up being the last commercially released modern flight sim for PC?

Besides DCS, what has been the most recently released modern jet sim for PC? Was it the last sim from the Strike Fighter series? Keep in mind that I'm talking about NEW releases and not any community-made mods like those made for Falcon 4.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Jedi Master

Re: Will DCS end up being the final phase?

Post by Jedi Master »

Depends how you define "released."

War Thunder has a bunch of later-era jets in it, but it's not a sim. There's that CAP2 Harrier one which has been in early access for years now with very slow progress. Looks great, apparently flies great, but it's pretty shallow...think if Assetto Corsa was a flight sim with one plane.

TK was supposed to release a Win10 update to SF2 back in May. I need to check as I think it's still listed as "coming soon."
The Jedi Master

PanzerMeyer

Re: Will DCS end up being the final phase?

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I did some research on CAP 2 and found out it was released on Steam back in 2016. It currently has a 49% rating from 234 user reviews. I read through several of the reviews and the main complaint seems to be exactly what you mentioned: "pretty shallow".
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen