Flying this upcoming week

This is where folks can post desired game times or look for others to play a game.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Flying this upcoming week

Post by PanzerMeyer » 22 Dec 2012, 18:37

Hey Hudson, I'd like to fly DCS either this upcoming Wednesday or Thursday. Jedi will be there as well.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Hudson

Re: Flying this upcoming week

Post by Hudson » 25 Dec 2012, 23:02

Thursday if it works. Parts for new computer got delayed so it will not be completely built out and ready tomorrow.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 26 Dec 2012, 06:42

Hudson wrote:Thursday if it works. Parts for new computer got delayed so it will not be completely built out and ready tomorrow.
That will work out great. See you Thursday night (hopefully)!
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 26 Dec 2012, 08:41

Looks like it will be good for then. UPS says it's on the truck for delivery today, save on hard drive bracket, which I can surely live without for one day. Other than that everything will be here, ready, installed, and loaded out before the end of the day :D

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 27 Dec 2012, 19:22

You guys change your mind??

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 27 Dec 2012, 21:28

Hudson wrote:You guys change your mind??
Let's meet up next week for sure. It turns out that I had to reinstall the drivers for my joystick and now it calibrates correctly.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 31 Dec 2012, 07:08

I'm willing to fly IL-2 and/or DCS World Tuesday, Wednesday or Thursday night. I can show up at 8:00 EDT.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 02 Jan 2013, 06:26

Want to fly tonight Hudson? Either DCS World or IL-2 is fine. You need to buy Rise of Flight!

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 02 Jan 2013, 08:24

Funny, I was actually getting ready to download the Free to Play version last night. I will grab it today. I don't know if I can do WWI, not really my thing, but it looks impressive, so I will try,

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 02 Jan 2013, 08:59

Hudson wrote:Funny, I was actually getting ready to download the Free to Play version last night. I will grab it today. I don't know if I can do WWI, not really my thing, but it looks impressive, so I will try,
Ok cool. Let me know which day this week you want to fly.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 02 Jan 2013, 10:12

So, I was actually downloading RoF, when my new computer shut down.

I see now what the strange smell was from the first few hours I ran it. I looked over the top of that thing, again and again and again and saw nothing. One of the components on the bottom was defective and burnt out.

Thank God for Amazon Prime, RMA'd and ordered a replacement. Should have it tomorrow. If I have the time to put it back together when it gets here maybe we can fly, but after this crap I don't know if I even want to this week. I'm seriously demotivated to even look at a computer at the moment.

MSI just got a 1 star review on amazon.com from me too. I have never 1 starred anything before, and I review quite a bit on the site; I am an easy grader and usually give 4's and 5's... Visible fires that shouldn't exist tend to get me angry though. PDT_Armataz_01_33

http://www.amazon.com/MSI-Computer-Corp ... B0090Z39EA

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 02 Jan 2013, 11:14

Hudson wrote:So, I was actually downloading RoF, when my new computer shut down.

I see now what the strange smell was from the first few hours I ran it. I looked over the top of that thing, again and again and again and saw nothing. One of the components on the bottom was defective and burnt out.

Thank God for Amazon Prime, RMA'd and ordered a replacement. Should have it tomorrow. If I have the time to put it back together when it gets here maybe we can fly, but after this crap I don't know if I even want to this week. I'm seriously demotivated to even look at a computer at the moment.

MSI just got a 1 star review on amazon.com from me too. I have never 1 starred anything before, and I review quite a bit on the site; I am an easy grader and usually give 4's and 5's... Visible fires that shouldn't exist tend to get me angry though. PDT_Armataz_01_33

Oh crap, that absolutely sucks. So it sounds like it was your motherboard that malfunctioned?

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 02 Jan 2013, 11:53

Ya, if you look at the amazon page above I just posted a picture of the damage to go with my review. It looks like something inside the PCB burst out. I'm looking to hurt their sales all I can for this... focusing my anger and making them feel the sting.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 04 Jan 2013, 06:21

What's the status on your PC hudson? I'll definitely be online tonight if you want to fly.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 04 Jan 2013, 11:05

Back on its feet. Let's do it.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 04 Jan 2013, 11:45

Hudson wrote:Back on its feet. Let's do it.

Ok cool. I should be on teamspeak around 9.