Any flying this week Hudson

This is where folks can post desired game times or look for others to play a game.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

PanzerMeyer

Re: Any flying this week Hudson

Post by PanzerMeyer » 16 Sep 2014, 09:23

PanzerMeyer wrote:
Hudson wrote:Cool. I should be able to handle Tue/Thu!
Ok, see you then.

Some stuff came up and I wont be making it tonight but I can definitely fly Thursday night. Let me know if you can fly Wednesday night as well.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Grifter

Post by Grifter » 16 Sep 2014, 18:35

......might be able to do Thursday night for a bit. Depends on our prep schedule for hiking next weekend.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Grifter404/f16003sig.jpg[/img]
It's a good day to fly and any day you can fly is a good day.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 17 Sep 2014, 09:36

Grifter wrote:......might be able to do Thursday night for a bit. Depends on our prep schedule for hiking next weekend.

I'll definitely be around for flying this Thursday.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 17 Sep 2014, 09:44

I think there was a large update released today. Might want to grab before tomorrow. Think mig-21 was released too

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 17 Sep 2014, 10:00

Hudson wrote:I think there was a large update released today. Might want to grab before tomorrow. Think mig-21 was released too
Thanks for that info. I'll run the update manager as soon as I get home today from work.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 17 Sep 2014, 16:43

if you have the su-25t training installed delete it (and you can reinstall it again after updating) or wait a bit for the fix. the installer will fail otherwise. update is running against openbeta and works.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 21 Sep 2014, 20:52

I touched up the ones with the convoys assaulting the airbase. It's now possible to call in for an outpost/arty to pop flares over various areas giving the Ka-50's much better utility with less of the hassle of requesting other players to drop flares over the target area.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 22 Sep 2014, 09:22

Sounds good!! I'll definitely be around this Tuesday and Thursday night.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 22 Sep 2014, 09:23

Cool, me too.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 22 Sep 2014, 15:41

On the topic of SA-11's in _that_ mission. I have found a way of dealing with them. They are only on 'Average' so this is the behavior we're going to have to put up with on their part. There is a simple tactic for dealing with them though. The launchers (LN) won't shut down unless the 11's start taking hits. The answer then is to nail the LN's in a coordinated strike before the search radar (SR) or anything else. With two people and judicious use of ARM's it's no problem. I can do it by myself and dive for the mountains as at the outer range the telephone polls take quite awhile to reach you. I had them inbound and was still passing out death with time to spare. You have a good amount of time to get your rounds off and go defensive. Two people should have no trouble. The key is doing it together as a coordinated assault - I know we don't always do that, but it will save A LOT of frustration if we do.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 23 Sep 2014, 06:21

Another few hundred MB patch to download to fix some issues with the last update. Should come down pretty quick, but may wanna grab it before we play.

Update: seems to be open beta just yet (which has just been in sync lately) and doesn't seem available for download for regular installs just yet.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 23 Sep 2014, 17:10

PanzerMeyer wrote:Sounds good!! I'll definitely be around this Tuesday and Thursday night.
Something come up or you guys still planning to show?

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 24 Sep 2014, 05:08

Hudson wrote:
PanzerMeyer wrote:Sounds good!! I'll definitely be around this Tuesday and Thursday night.
Something come up or you guys still planning to show?

Sorry Hudson, I had to leave the house at the last minute. I'll definitely be around Thursday night.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 24 Sep 2014, 15:47

cool. grifter and i are flying tonight as well if you're interested

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 24 Sep 2014, 19:06

Hudson wrote:On the topic of SA-11's in _that_ mission. I have found a way of dealing with them. They are only on 'Average' so this is the behavior we're going to have to put up with on their part. There is a simple tactic for dealing with them though. The launchers (LN) won't shut down unless the 11's start taking hits. The answer then is to nail the LN's in a coordinated strike before the search radar (SR) or anything else. With two people and judicious use of ARM's it's no problem. I can do it by myself and dive for the mountains as at the outer range the telephone polls take quite awhile to reach you. I had them inbound and was still passing out death with time to spare. You have a good amount of time to get your rounds off and go defensive. Two people should have no trouble. The key is doing it together as a coordinated assault - I know we don't always do that, but it will save A LOT of frustration if we do.
Grifter and I flew out together to take on the SA-11's and waited until the SA-11 LN's were locking us up and firing to engage. We collectively fired about 6 missiles before going for the valleys to break line of site with the SAMS in order to lose the missiles launched at us. We took out the SR and 3 LN's in the initial assault. I proceeded to pop up out of the valley and hit the last SA-11 LN and Tung on a second pass and Grifter nailed the last Tung before we headed back to rearm and finish things off. When we returned we weeded out the Strela's/Manpads/Shilkas before working on armor and soft targets. 2 aircraft, 4 sorties, and we utterly leveled the place with no losses. A little coordination goes a very long way with this one.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 25 Sep 2014, 06:00

See you guys tonight at 8.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 25 Sep 2014, 06:08

Sounds good.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 29 Sep 2014, 05:43

I'll definitely be around this Tuesday and Thursday to fly.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 29 Sep 2014, 06:05

Can't make Tue. Can make Mon,Thu though. I know Monday is not normally possible for most, but thought I'd throw it out anyway.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 29 Sep 2014, 06:21

Hudson wrote:Can't make Tue. Can make Mon,Thu though. I know Monday is not normally possible for most, but thought I'd throw it out anyway.

Monday's are out for me because of SimHQ ArmA 3 sessions. See you Thursday!