Bolo

Belly up to the bar, grab your favorite drink and listen to stories about the universe we play in. Be ready for some trash talkin' too, because we know what alcohol can do... This is the ROLE PLAY forum, tell your war stories, brag about your kills and victories, and lament about your defeats. Everyone is welcome but you must register first to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Bolo

Post by Falker » 06 Aug 2008, 22:25

From Bolo Strike:

Here's something that plays over and over aging in Bolo Strike. After the 5th or 6th time I was laughing out loud. Poor guy... His mind has been duplicated and downloaded into other bodies or machines several times. Each time , he thinks it’s still him rather than a copy.

Quote:
He awoke stretching…. And then the fear hit him in deep , shuddering waves , like the icy surf at Gods Beach. The Last thing he remembered …. No…. what was the last thing he remembered? Memory eluded him , like fragments of a dream.

He opened his eyes , then wondered why he couldn’t see. He reached out with a trembling , sweet-slicked hand , then realized he couldn’t feel anything , that the tremors , the sweet , the cold were imagined , anchors for the mind adrift within a vast and lightless void.

Concentrating , he summoned memories from deep , deep within, He’d been a in battle......he’d been..... he’d been a bolo combat unit of the line . His brain housed in a huge mobile armored vehicle. `He could remember....... The memories were still dim , still fragmented.
We're in the pipe , five by five.

Hammer

Post by Hammer » 08 Aug 2008, 19:51

the bolo series have always been good actually.
Helmut

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 08 Aug 2008, 21:17

hell I thought I was to "Be On the Look Out" for something

daofcmacg

Post by daofcmacg » 13 Oct 2008, 10:56

OK what the hell. Bolo???? Brain housed in a huge mobile armored vehicle, downloaded! WHAT!?!

DA
Death Angel, SGT, 13th MEU

Fly Low Fly Hard Move MUDD!
If you can see it you can take it down!
MAVERICK!!!!

Falker

Post by Falker » 24 Oct 2008, 22:36

It’s about aliens downloading the minds of individuals into a computer base , and then using them for later. Much later or how ever often they want.

Send in the Bolo's !

Created by the Earth Alliance , A Bolo is a large tank about the size of a building. Sometimes larger. Actually it’s a long story that only the book can explain in more detail. The first Bolo books were the best. You would haft to like tanks and all the fire power they have to enjoy reading them. I enjoyed them simply because each Bolo tank came with an AI that kept talking to it’s crew , or a commander miles away whilst fighting off the enemy.

Falker

Post by Falker » 24 Oct 2008, 23:21

Oh yeah , order your books off Amazon. The shipping usually cost more than the book itself , but you still save a ton of money. They have everything there. Lots of New and Old books to pick and choose from. Be sure to read the comments before buying though, I got me a used Warstrider 3 Book that had spillages on it. It stained the book cover and it was no wonder that it only cost 48 cents.