Saigon

Belly up to the bar, grab your favorite drink and listen to stories about the universe we play in. Be ready for some trash talkin' too, because we know what alcohol can do... This is the ROLE PLAY forum, tell your war stories, brag about your kills and victories, and lament about your defeats. Everyone is welcome but you must register first to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Falker

Saigon

Post by Falker » 24 Oct 2008, 22:26

Saigon... shit; I'm still only in Saigon... Every time I think I'm gonna wake up back in the jungle. When I was home after my first tour, it was worse. I'd wake up and there'd be nothing. I hardly said a word to my wife, until I said "yes" to a divorce. When I was here, I wanted to be there; when I was there, all I could think of was getting back into the jungle. I'm here a week now... waiting for a mission... getting softer; every minute I stay in this room, I get weaker, and every minute Charlie squats in the bush, he gets stronger. Each time I looked around, the walls moved in a little tighter.
We're in the pipe , five by five.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 25 Oct 2008, 05:33

Great movie with one of the greatest opening scenes of any movie ever IMHO.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Buffalo Six

Post by Buffalo Six » 25 Oct 2008, 08:17

I have the directors cut on dvd......

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 26 Oct 2008, 06:44

Buffalo Six wrote:I have the directors cut on dvd......
Yup same here. I have to admit though that I like the original theatrical cut more. The whole French plantation scene was interesting but it really bogs down the pacing of the movie.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Falker

Post by Falker » 31 Oct 2008, 17:58

I finished watching this the other day and Wow , it’s been a long time. I noticed a few famous actors in there this time around.

Like Laurence Fishburn: He was the guy dancing around the boat and playing the drum sticks. I like that guy.. He’s a good actor who also played in the movie Deep Cover. That movie had a cool beat to it.

Also I saw Drill Sergeant Hartman who played in Full Metal Jacket. He was Flying one of the fast attack helicopters in the beach invasion. That was a good scene.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 31 Oct 2008, 21:58

Falker wrote: Like Laurence Fishburn: He was the guy dancing around the boat and playing the drum sticks. I like that guy.. He’s a good actor who also played in the movie Deep Cover. That movie had a cool beat to it.
I read somewhere that Apocalypse Now was the very first movie Laurence Fishburne was in.

Falker

Post by Falker » 01 Nov 2008, 00:09

I believe it. Captain Willard said he was 17 at the time. I realize that , " that statement " may not have any merit but , it about sums it up.

I also noticed Adrian's brother from the movie Rocky was there. What a putz. Hardly worth mentioning. =p... He was at the concert where the helicopters landed. He was standing up in the front roll. That was just before they got back in the boat and left for the last bridge up the river that lead to nowhere. Another good scene. " Hey soldier , who’s in command here.. " " Fu*k you GI ! I kill You!........ He’s close......."