Bad Day

Belly up to the bar, grab your favorite drink and listen to stories about the universe we play in. Be ready for some trash talkin' too, because we know what alcohol can do... This is the ROLE PLAY forum, tell your war stories, brag about your kills and victories, and lament about your defeats. Everyone is welcome but you must register first to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 07 Apr 2009, 14:41

in all honesty direct x 10 is not all its cracked up to be and now the direct x 10.1 an't even computable with the direct x 10.0 cards lol. Making direct x 10 even less appealing.

I have a dam nice system, its 1 year old now but it still can slap around any game for kicks and giggles and its on XP as I had a free copy at home, Was not worth the upgrade to Vista. When windows 7 hits I may actualy buy a copy to be honest as I would like to go 64 bit.

Gator

Post by Gator » 07 Apr 2009, 15:11

10 vs 10.1 isn't an issue. One is nvidia and the other is ati. They're both DX 10 compatible. ATI just implemented some non-standard crap. Don't kid yourself - games that are coded for DX10 are beautiful and run great. The first few games that had DX10 patched in are not really indicators of DX10 quality.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 07 Apr 2009, 15:32

Believe me, I'd love to check out Bioshock and Company of Heroes in DX 10 but not enough to make me want to get Vista. ;-)
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen