Sometimes even I can have a successful mission

Belly up to the bar, grab your favorite drink and listen to stories about the universe we play in. Be ready for some trash talkin' too, because we know what alcohol can do... This is the ROLE PLAY forum, tell your war stories, brag about your kills and victories, and lament about your defeats. Everyone is welcome but you must register first to post.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hudson

Sometimes even I can have a successful mission

Post by Hudson » 19 Jul 2009, 21:03

Had to record the incident, because there's no way to believe that I did this otherwise...

To be fair I think I killed several of the 19 insurgents when I touched off two satchels on the second hill to destroy the last two artillery guns. It was still a very hairy fight. I was shot twice while duxking behind a tree getting my ass handed to me by a machine gunner. Fortunately one of my squad members was able to eliminate him.

The task was to take down 4 artillery guns besieging the city from two hills.

Getting ready to turn in the mission back at base!

One last insurgent trying to turn it into a bad day, but I took care of him.

And Success!

Grifter

Post by Grifter » 20 Jul 2009, 06:49

Awesome. Nice to see what the game looks like on other people's computers too.
[img]http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a77/Grifter404/f16003sig.jpg[/img]
It's a good day to fly and any day you can fly is a good day.

Hudson

Post by Hudson » 20 Jul 2009, 07:02

To be honest...

when i play near the two cities i turn my graphics way down because it torments my system; it usually looks even better.

Grifter

Post by Grifter » 20 Jul 2009, 07:22

hmm. Highly demanding on graphics this game. I'm turning mine all ultra low.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer » 20 Jul 2009, 07:43

We need to take up a WOF collection and get Grifter a new video card.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

VEGETA

Post by VEGETA » 20 Jul 2009, 07:43

i set my graphics high and so far its run smooth so I am happy. I am just happy when snipping the issue of the ai lagging being gone is a great plus to me.

Grifter

Post by Grifter » 20 Jul 2009, 09:30

It's the video card exactly. It's the entire pc. It's time to upgrade but I had to make a choice between backpacking and upgrading my computer. I decided it was time to get back into hiking, and ultimately that was the right choice for me. It will probably be about a year before I can upgrade now.

Falker

Post by Falker » 02 Aug 2009, 18:31

Where did you backpack too? Since I’ve been fired from my last job , (long story in a nut shell ) I was thinking about going on an adventure before going back to work. I was going to look into bus tours maybe. What I’d like to do is be gone for about a week or two and not have to drive myself. Hanging out with a group of people in an backpacking exploration miles from nowhere sounds like fun.

BTW , I can donate about $50 or more towards your new computer if everyone else in on board. It would have to be like a poll in the forum to see how many of us can spare a buck or two. I absolutely know how is to live with an obsolete computer year after year. I think Veg does too. I mostly surf the net though so it doesn’t bother me that much. If you build it yourself ,.. you can get a nice setup for about five bones or less. Pay pal would be the best way. Good Luck!
We're in the pipe , five by five.