New toy (AR-15 build COMPLETE!)

Discuss weapons, tactics, the use of tactics with certain weapons and the use of weapons with certain tactics in real life and in the games we play.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Softball

New toy (AR-15 build COMPLETE!)

Post by Softball » 06 Jun 2013, 23:26

This is still work in progress, but my AR15 M4 Carbine build is coming along nicely. I've been getting the parts little by little. Total cost so far: about $500.

This is what I have so far:

AR15 M4 Carbine Upper + BCG + Barrel

I just received my new extended quadrail for the forearm handguard today, I'd say it looks pretty sweet.

UTG Pro Handguard (Black)

I also have a Black collapsable stock, black hand grip w/ LPK (Lower Parts Kit). Just waiting to get the Lower receiver in the next 2-3 weeks and then I can put everything together.

I might get the quadrail Cera coated or anodized to a Flat Dark Earth color, and upgrade the hand grip and buttstock to the same color. Or I may just leave it black and do something similar to this:

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

Softball

Re: New toy (AR-15 build COMPLETE!)

Post by Softball » 29 Jun 2013, 14:05

I finished my AR15 today. Super stoked. I'm still going to add an EOTECH Scope, but gotta save up for it. The one I want is gonna cost me about $600 bones. :\ I pretty much put everything together on my own, with Hammer overseeing the process. Had a couple of detents and springs go flying, but luckily we were able to recover the escaped parts. Here is a pic I took right after completing the build. Mine is the top rifle, and the bottom one is Hammer's. :D I plan on taking some more detailed pics, so I will post them once I'm done.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist

BlackHawk*K

Re: New toy (AR-15 build COMPLETE!)

Post by BlackHawk*K » 03 Jul 2013, 22:39

very nice riffles guys! hopefully, if the prices keep dropping in oregon, i may be able t start mine soon. so far i have been seeing stripped recievers down as far as 120 or so.. some of the composite ones around 100. i would prefer to go aluminum, but to be honest i just dont know about the AR platform yet, but slowly learning. i decided i want to build my own though, i would really like to build my own upper as well, but im not sure about how to achieve proper head spacing. yea... im kind of a hands on sort of guy lol. keep up the good work and thanks for sharing.. all i have to say is damn.. just something else to add to the list LOL :P