Division 2

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Jedi Master

Division 2

Post by Jedi Master »

LOL, Panzer and I played GR: Wildlands and now play GR: Breakpoint and Division 2 as well as Borderlands 3.
The Jedi Master

Softball

Re: Division 2

Post by Softball »

Panzer/Jedi, what's your UBI names? I'll add you to my friends list and invite you guys to our D2 Clan in game. My name is: Staark_RLG. It'll be nice once everyone is up to level 40, and we can run some of the higher level content together. Gator and I can answer any questions you guys might have with regard to builds and gear. Hit us up in TS or the forums if you guys wanna run some D2 together. With Gator (Brian), Dusty (Debi), Madrus (Greg), Panzer, Jedi, and myself all playing together we can almost run the Raid missions (requires 8 people). We don't do the Dark Zone (PvP), it's a gank fest in there, and the higher level AI is pretty challenging as it is, especially the AI Rogue Agents. You will learn to despise those guys.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

split and moved to this forum
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Out of curiosity, there are numerous versions of this game being sold on the game's official website. I assume you'd want to at least get the "expansion." What is the level 30 boost? The warlord edition comes with the Year 1 pass. What's that? Damn Ubi. Nickle and diming everyone.

Softball

Post by Softball »

Warlord Edition comes with the base game. Warlord of NY is an expansion for the base game, and adds quite a bit of content. The Annual pass will get you 5 or 6 additional "side missions / content" and a few additional areas on the map I believe. If you are thinking about getting it, for sure get the Warlords edition and you'll be up to speed on the content. I believe the level 30 bump lets you start out with a level 30 character instead of level 1. I'm not sure what all that gets you as far as the game play goes, but you for sure should run through the campaign missions to get the story and lore of the game.
Last edited by Softball on 17 May 2020, 20:15, edited 1 time in total.

"SILENCE, I KILL YOU!!" - Achmed the Dead Terrorist
AKA: Staark

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah any MMO I always want to start at level one. Starting at level 40 would just leave me feeling confused and/or missing out on the first part of the game. I don’t thinkI’m getting it any time soon. I’m enjoying DCS too much. But I’m keeping it on my radar just the same. Will let you know if I decide to purchase it; thanks so much for clarifying.

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I have zero interest in anything adversarial but I'm definitely in for coop stuff. I'm currently only level 11 though so it will be a while before I get to 40.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen

Gator

Post by Gator »

the level 30 boost basically skips the original campaign. You will miss ALL of the side missions since they're not replayable. All of the "story" missions are replayable. Starting at 1 is the way to go. It's a better on-ramp.

One of the reasons I really like D1/D2 is that I never have to deal with the "massive" part of the massively multiplayer thing. Since the open world and all of the missions are fully instanced, you will only ever see you and your team.

For me also, both cities (NY and DC) are sooooo familiar to me. It's freaky running around DC in the open world. PLUS, 2 of the missions are in offices where my wife has worked. One is in her old office and the other is in the Kennedy Center and it's way freaky. The first time I ended up in her office I said to myself "wait a minute … this looks real familiar." The open world and the mission spaces of D2 are some of my favorites in FPS/Shooter style games.
Silence is golden - Duct Tape is silver

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

I'm assuming that, like Rainbow Six, you can buy the season pass and expansions and stuff after the fact. Like, if I were ever to decide to buy D2, I could buy the base game and build from there?

Gator

Post by Gator »

that's probably true. Just keep your eyes open. Several weeks ago, D2 base game was on sale for like $3. Their pricing has been really bonkers. One thing to keep in mind is that the expansion came with a "season" that actually has an end date in 2 weeks that is made up of perks, but no distinct content.

The expansion is more story and continues from the end of D2 to finish the story. The expansion is also 4 new zones (base game is like 8 zones).

That is even conceptually different than the original "season pass" that is/was available with the original D2 which actually had content (good content) that wasn't available in the base game.

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Yeah, I'll look into it for sure. I think it's got to be a possibility. They want the money, right? HA!

Edit: decided to take another quick look at the store page.

Looks like they've arranged the game so that you buy the base game and get to level thirty and then buy the expansion to go up another ten levels. So, the answer would seem to be that, if I do decide to play, would be to wait until the base game goes on a crazy sale like you said. I'll keep an eye on it. Where'd you see it for three bucks?! Ubi's store page? Ubisoft Uplay?

Thanks.

Gator

Post by Gator »

that was the sale on the base game … they were promoting it before the expansion came out. It's back to regular price right now, but they definitely price it aggressively periodically. So yes, wait til it goes on crazy sale.

I'd still be happy to play D1 with you some time. the atmosphere in that game is something else. I always felt scared. Every encounter was so easy to get killed if you didn't play smart. Imagine NYC at Christmas - but with no crowds.

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

At the rate we're going I may not have imagine it. But, yes, I might check out D1 this summer. I just want to make some "progress" in DCS. Right now I'm getting smart on fighter combat, long neglected theory that I've never understood as thoroughly as I would like. But we'll see. I might dial it back so I don't burn out on it. Maybe only read five to ten pages a week and sim once or twice a week.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

split the rest into a new topic in DCS forum.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

How do you do that?

Gator

Post by Gator »

he's magical. It's already done!

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

Yes, Panzer and I have the main game but not NYC. I have the season pass, too, not sure about him.

I have 11 hrs in the game, expect his is about the same.
The Jedi Master

PanzerMeyer

Post by PanzerMeyer »

I'm looking forward to fighting at the Smithsonian Air & Space museum. I haven't been to that area of DC yet.
I have learned from experience that a modicum of snuff can be most efficacious - Baron Munchausen