Wed, 9/16/2020

We will post the data cards for the packages here and you sign up for what you want to fly for each mission. Some nights will have just one mission, others will have two.

Moderator: RLG MGMT Team

Hammer

Wed, 9/16/2020

Post by Hammer »

Continue mission to finish destruction of both SA-10 sites. Also more priority needs to be put on enemy air, we need to down as many enemy aircraft as possible.

The Babushara SA-10 site has been completely destroyed. The Gudauta SA-10 site needs more attention. After our strike on the Babushara air base and the nearby SA-10 site, we have been able to land a company of Georgian Air Assault infantry nearby, they will be attacking Babushara. Babushara is off limits for air strikes unless the infantry calls for CAS.

There is an SA-13 unit SE of Gudauta, coordinates noted in mission tasking sheet. It has taken down several aircraft when they are attacking the Gudauta SA-10 site. This SAM needs to be destroyed.
SA-10 sortie4.jpg
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Helmut

Hammer

Re: Wed, 9/16/2020

Post by Hammer »

We need to coordinate flights better. It was fairly haphazard last week. I know it is more difficult when Bones and I get on later in the evening.

Maybe start the evening with A2A to establish some air superiority, and when more people get online we can focus on the SAM sites a bit more.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Does starting with A2A actually have an attrition effect? Or does the simulation just keep sending up fighters? I agree wholehearted that we need to be more coordinated.

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

no, it will just keep sending wave after wave. if you think they are too much i can tweak that some. my intention is if we do indeed obtain air superiority then to manually tweak the frequency to be less to reflect that. just have to be between missions as it cannot be tweaked on the fly.
Helmut

Grifter

Post by Grifter »

Right, so they will need to be tweaked to reflect the our progress achieving air superiority between missions.

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The difference between the AA and AG stuff makes it more helpful to concentrate on the AG then, especially as it's all too common to get nailed by a SAM while in the middle of dueling with a MiG or Flanker.

Unfortunately, the SA-13 is not really eligible for a HARM assault, but if you have exact coords a JSOW could do it. Without it, we would need some luck with Mavericks or other EO-targeted weapons, unless we can get a TPOD lock.

Even just 2 planes, one loaded with AAMs and the other with mixed AAM/PGMs could probably succeed in taking out the remaining SAM threat in that area.
The Jedi Master

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

The SA-13 coordinates are approximate. it is mobile after all. they should allow one to search the area and find it though, then lock it up with a tpod and persecute.
Helmut

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

Bones and I flew Clearfield tonight. I was able to kill the SA-13 and an SA-8 that was at the SA-10 site.

Bones got a lot of air kills trying to cover me, but I was still taken down while trying to get to the SA-10 site.

So some more help in the air will allow the Gudauta SA-10 site to be taken out.
Helmut

Jedi Master

Post by Jedi Master »

The update has been pushed back a week, so we don't need to worry about it for tomorrow.
The Jedi Master

Hammer

Post by Hammer »

For tonight I would suggest everyone paring up and going A2A, just one person go A2G to work over the rest of the SA-10 site.
Helmut